Change in Forecast for Weather
- SoapNet Marches First Promo Down Aisle. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the programming stunt of the television network SoapNet of featuring wedding ceremonies of various television programs on June. List of television series with unforgettable weddings; Participation of subscribers in the sales promotion; Marketing strategies of the network.
- E! launching analog Style. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;04/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p44
Cites the plans of E! Entertainment Television to offer its spinoff network Style, for analog carriage when it is launched in September 1998. Comments from Lee Masters, president of E!; Details on the network Style.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;07/26/99, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p8
Presents news briefs related to the cable television (TV) industry in the United States as of July 1999. Number of hours of financial news that Cable News Network (CNN) will add to its weekly schedule; Cartoon Network to spin off a 24-hour animation network; DirectTV to offer its...
- Make no small plans. Bednarski, P. J.; Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the strategic plans of Hallmark Channel president Lana E. Corbi for the company in the U.S. Aims of Corbi to top the company in television network industry; Offers of general-entertainment television programs; Expectation of revenue increase.
- MTV2 Offers Tailored Local Content. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p36
Reports the marketing initiative of the television network MTV2. Availability of the free-to-affiliates service package of MTV2; Response of consumers to the initiative; Access requirements.
- Canada's PrideVision Eyes U.S. Gay Viewers. Umstead, R. Thomas; Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p25
Focuses on the plans of the Canadian television network PrideVision to expand into the U.S. cable audience. Company background; Details on the network's dual strategy of advertising support and pay television subscriptions; Target market of the network.
- Cable's Online Opportunity. Dykes, Bob // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p28
The author reflects on the strategies that the cable television industry must undertake to continue to prosper amid the rapidly changing realities of today's global business environment. He emphasizes that cable network operations must engage in many advanced service offerings such as Internet...
- New travel channel takes on a Latin flavor. Levine, Felicia // Variety;5/15/95, Vol. 359 Issue 3, p239
Reports on the launching of Landmark Communication Inc.'s `Travel Channel Latin America' on October 1995. Features; Landmark's other travel programming channels.
- Freston is Viacom-CBS' cable guy. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/09/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 49, p76
Reports that MTV Networks chairman and chief executive officer Tom Freston will fold CBS Cable's TNN and CMT: Country Music Television into his division. Freston's divestiture of CBS Cable's regional sports network business; Scheduled spinoff of Group W Network Services; Resignation of CBS...