RUNS PER GALLON
- Fire-fighting vehicle responds fast to airport emergencies. // Design News;6/25/90, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p46
Introduces the S2000 VMA, a fire-fighting vehicle which is being used at the Charles de Gaulle and Orly international airports in France. Engine performance; Structural design and dimensions; Automatic transmission and braking system.
- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p130
The article features fire trucks from several fire departments in the U.S. The Houston, Pennsylvania Fire Department has a Pierce pumper with 179 inch wheelbase for small rural areas with narrow streets. The Kalona, Iowa Fire Department's Alexis rescue truck has enough storage, provides a safer...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p106
Features several new emergency vehicles. Capacity of the American LaFrance MedicMaster ambulance; Engine specifications for Seagrave Fire Apparatus' Attacker pumper; Capabilities of seventy-fight foot Side-Stacker acquired by the Oakland Fire & Rescue.
- SMART SPECS. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p82
The article describes various fire engines with extra-heavy-duty aerial ladders which are designed to support high loads in operations in the U.S. The Anne Arundel County in Maryland, which took delivery of a 100-foot aerial ladder quint, is said to give an excellent firefighting and rescue...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan2012, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p145
The article presents information about several fire department emergency vehicles, including the RESCUE 1 motor vehicle accident rescue truck designed by the Rombout, New York Fire Department, the ROSENBAUER pumper truck developed by the High Rolls, New Mexico Fire Department, and the PIERCE...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p117
The article offers information on several vehicles used by different emergency and fire departments in the U.S. A rescue truck from Marion Body is being used by the Rutherford County Emergency Management Agency in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for responding to chemical, biological, radiological and...
- How safety forces hose the public. Khol, Ronald // Machine Design;6/16/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p12
Comments on the way safety forces respond to accidents in the U.S. Appearance of a fire department ambulance and police cars in a traffic accident; Impact of safety forces that respond to accidents on traffic flow; Charges imposed to drivers for fire trucks that respond to accident scenes;
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;May2011, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p155
The article features several fire-fighting vehicles, including a rescue truck by Summit Fire Apparatus, the PIERCE pumper and the Rescue 1 rescue truck.
- HAVIS-SHIELDS EQUIPMENT CORP. // Fire Engineering;May2006, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p146
The article presents information on Havis-Shields Equipment Corp., one of the leading manufacturers of emergency vehicles in the U.S. The company specializes in making innovative, and safe, and reliable products for the firefighters, and police officers. Founded in 1928, Havis-Shields has grown...