ARE DONATED STRUCTURES TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?
- (REGIONAL FUNDING) Leary Firefighters Foundation (Multi-State). // Children & Youth Funding Report;9/24/2010, p1
The article offers information on the Jeremiah Lucey Grant Program of the Leary Firefighters Foundation in the U.S. in 2010. The grant effort offers fire departments with resources and funding for up-to-date training and equipment. The board invites grant requests from uniformed, professional...
- Fire Service Foundation Update. Granholm, Aliina // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p50
Presents an update on the Fire Service Foundation as of July 1, 2004. Reason for the decision of the Fire Service Foundation Board not to renew the fundraising contract with Lisa Nasseff for the Firefighter Memorial; Description of the Cloquet Centennial Parade floats created by Ann Warling,...
- Poway: New Tower to Let Crew Fire on All Cylinders. Bengtson, Stacey // San Diego Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p27
The article reports on the plan of the Poway Fire Department to open a training tower in January 2007 in California. The 15,000 square-foot training tower, which costs $3.6 million to construct, is designed to help firefighters prepare for real-life situations. Additionally, the facility is...
- LAYTON TRAINING TOWER. Sholly, Jared // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the final action of the Layton City Fire Department for the completion of its training facility in Utah in 2013. It mentions that the construction of the facility included the development of a live fire training tower, remolding a 2,400-square foot building, and an...
- CVFD Dive Team accents donation. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/4/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p8
A photograph of the Clarendon Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) Dive Team in Texas, receiving donation from Herring Bank is presented.
- PEC program gives to Briggs VFD. Lackey, Kathy // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/13/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 7, p7A
The article reports on the presentation of the $1,000 donation to the Briggs Volunteer Fire Department by the PEC Light The Program in Texas.
- MAILBOX. Mikeska, Donna // East Bernard Express (TX);11/20/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 47, p4
A letter to the editor is presented about the donations of the 2014 Wharton County Health Fair in Texas to area fire departments.
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 161 Issue 12, p146
This section offers news briefs on companies and associations related to fire engineering in the U.S. A partnership was forged by Hurst, a maker of rescue tools, with Firefighters Crossing Borders, a charitable organization that provides assistance to emergency response agencies. Draeger has won...
- Minnesota goes to the Philippines. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p19
The article focuses on a contract awarded by the Minnesota Fire Service Certification Board (MFSCB) to ARFF Training Concepts (ATC) to train Philippine firefighters for duty in different parts of the world. The International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and the ProBoard have...