- Project Lifesaver. Paetznick, Tony // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p29
The article offers information on Project Lifesaver, an firefighter training program involving member of New Brighton Department of Public Safety Fire Division. In order to implement Project Lifesaver, members of department raised more than $10,500 in donations to purchase the necessary...
- Firefighter training: Essentials to safe, effective response. Dohman, Romona // Minnesota Fire Chief;July/Aug2012, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the importance of firefighter training in dealing with emergencies to better protect the public and each other. It lauds the Minnesota Board of Firefighter Training and Education and the State Fire Marshal in supporting the efforts to educate every firefighter to train in...
- PLANNING AND FUNDING A NEW TRAINING FACILITY. Booth, Bill; Schoonover, David // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p187
Gives advice on planning and funding a firefighter training facility in the United States. Estimated cost of constructing a training facility; Factors to assess in formulating a construction plan for a firefighting training facility.
- Firefighter training centre proposed. // Northern Ontario Business;Sep2002, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the proposal for a firefighter training facility in Timmins, Ontario. Factors influencing the interest to establish a training center; Formation of a committee to discuss the possibilities of the proposal.
- What is the Ideal Fire Training Facility? // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
Explores the ideal facility for training fire fighters in the U.S. Size of fire department; Function of the training tower; Training needs.
- TRAINING AFTER SEPTEMBER 11. Coleman, John; Hollins, Leigh; Hiraki, Ron; Schaper, Frank C.; Kreis, Steve; Oliphant, Bob // Fire Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p35
Presents a question and answer advisory on fire prevention and mass destruction awareness training in the United States. Impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the comprehensive training of fire fighters; Training objectives of large urban fire departments; Details on incident...
- Break the Failure Chain with Competent Leaders. Knapp, Jerry // Fire Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p14
This article addresses the significance of competent leadership in the field of firefighting, and the its impact on "breaking the failure chain." Two scenarios are discussed in a which a positive and negative outcome from a fire is presented. In particular, the article focuses on the importance...
- PREPARING FOR THE WORST. O'Hare, Kevin // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
The article offers tips for businesses on how to make an effective emergency response. An effective emergency response starts with a thorough and far-reaching risk assessment to accommodate new threats and changing circumstances. It is also important to have a secure, properly conceived and...
- Burning Impression. Wright, Mark // Journal of Property Management;nov/dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p33
The article discusses the author's experience during a fire drill training at the Houston Fire Academy in Texas. He followed a fire chief down into the basement of the burning building, which is a concrete and brick structure. He wore a 50 pounds gear during the drill. He was relieved when the...