- Web Poll. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 182, p4
In this article, the author highlights the comments from Internet users about the issue on the fair way to charge for fire and rescue services.
- Firefighters rescue boy trapped in safe. Pokin, Steve // St. Charles Journal;8/3/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 62, pA2
The article reports that firefighters on July 31, 2011, rescued a 2-year-old boy who had locked himself in a safe while playing hide-and-seek his sibling at Wentzville, Missouri.
- Rescue points to ponder. Downey, Ray // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p26
Presents photographs of rescue operations by firefighters with emphasis on several factors to consider when conducting an operation.
- Responding to jumper incidents. Langone, Thomas M. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p72
Offers advice for fire fighters on how to conduct a rope rescue. Team readiness and training; Responding to a report of a jumper incident; Rescue assignments.
- Search and Rescue in Single-family Dwellings, Part 3. GUSTIN, BILL; LASKY, RICK // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p81
Part III. Offers advice on search and rescue operations for fire fighters in single-family dwellings. Use of hoselines as guides; Identification of hose couplings by feel; Attaching search ropes. INSET: Enhancing Our Life Line.
- More on the Meaning of Strategy and Tactics. BRENNAN, TOM // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p140
Examines issues affecting rescue work for fire fighters. Meaning of rescue operations; Two parts of a search; Author's experience in rescue work.
- SEARCH ROPE BASICS FOR LARGE IDEAS. Miles, John; Tobin, John // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the challenges met by firefighters in performing search operations under fire conditions in large open floor spaces. Use of search ropes for easy deployment; Need for fire departments to have a standard search technique; Utilization of a thermal imaging camera in working with a...
- Firefighters rescue boy trapped in safe. Pokin, Steve // Wentzville Journal;8/3/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 62, pA2
The article reports on a two-year-old boy rescued by Wentzville, Missouri firefighters at the Lowe's store at 1889 Wentzville Parkway.
- We wouldn't need RITs if ICs did their jobs. Usdin, Glenn D. // Fire Chief;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the implementation of the fire fighter rescue teams in the U.S. Roles of rapid intervention teams; Equipment used by fire fighter rescue teams; Efforts of fire departments to improve fire fighter safety.
- Training for the unusual. // Jefferson County Journal;7/27/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 30, pA2
The article offers information on a training for unusual rescues conducted by Rock Community Fire Protection District firefighters at the district's House No. 5 in Arnold, Missouri on July 13, 2011.