Congressional Staffers Feel the Heat
- Sequester makes CFSI efforts even more important. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;4/ 4/2013, p1
The article offers information on the National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner and Seminars to be held by the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CSFI) in Washington, D.C. on May 8-9, 2013.
- CFSI video promotes AFG and SAFER video. // Fire Engineering;Oct2010, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p43
The article features a video prepared by the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) that can be used by fire departments to promote the importance of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) and Staffing for Adequare Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant programs to the fire service.
- TOP-DOWN TRAINING. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p30
Reports on fire chiefs and chief officers' training in the Command Training Center (CTC) of the Phoenix Fire Department in Arizona. CTC training programs for command officers; Components of the training programs; Simulation methods used in training.
- Eversole receives Mason Lankford award. // Fire Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p51
Reports on Chicago Fire Department veteran and district chief John Eversole's receipt of an award from the Congressional Fire Services Institute and Motorola Inc. Eversole's contributions to efforts to forward fire service-related legislation in the United States; Purpose of the award.
- Bespoke Courses. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2008 Supplement, Vol. 15, p8
The article reports on the training services offered by the Fire Protection Association (FPA) to fit particular training needs in Great Britain. The FPA training staff is prepared to travel to introduce the courses to clients. FPA has access to regional training centers throughout Great Britain....
- Developing Proficiency in Today's Firefighters. CARROLL, NORM // Fire Engineering;Jan2009, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the importance of developing proficiency among firefighters. It notes that firefighters of today are not putting fires as much as they used to and should therefore devote more time for training. Firefighting instructors are suggested to demonstrate proficiency in teaching...
- The Best Teacher. BISCHOFF, GLENN // Urgent Communications;Feb2010, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p30
In the article, the author discusses his ambition to become a firefighter, as well as his experiences during attending a one-day firefighter training program at the University of Illinois' Fire Service Institute. The training was led by Motorola Systems Engineer and firefighter Mark Krizik and...
- ROSEVILLE FIRE HOSTS LARGE-SCALE TRAINING EVENT. Brosnahan, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p12
The article offers information on a multi-agency training event on flammable liquid emergencies hosted by the Roseville Fire Department in Minnesota in late August 2015. It highlights the presentation from the Texas A&M Extension office, addressing crude oil and tactical and safety priorities...
- Learning Curve. Pindelski, Jeffrey // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the factors to be considered by instructors when training fire fighters so that they acquire the skills necessary to have confidence and achieve precision when working under emergency situations. Training instructors should consider should consider how fire fighters learn...