Mississippi Launches Grassroots Pub-Ed
- 'Cover the Bases & Strike Out Fire' is Fire Prevention Week theme. // Fire Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p24
Cites the theme for the 2001 Fire Prevention Week in the United States. Organization of the event by the National Fire Protection Association; Use of a baseball theme to represent fire safety tips; Encouragement of parents to work closely with their children to stay safe.
- Candles Spark Fire Prevention Theme. // Fire Chief;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p13
Reports the appeal by the National Fire Protection Association to focus on candle safety during its Fire Prevention Week from October 9 to15, 2005 in the United States. Theme of the Fire Prevention Week; Public safety campaign on home use of candles; Rise in reported home candle fires in 2001.
- DHS Issues First Radiological & Nuclear Detectors Standards. // Professional Safety;Jul2004, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the partnership between the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security's Science and Technology and the Office of Domestic Preparedness. Adoption of radiological and nuclear detectors standards; Development of guidelines on performance standards and test methods; Contact information.
- Specialist credentials get a boost. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that the program Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has received accreditation from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The accreditation signifies that the specialist program meets the requirements for...
- Take a Page From Patton and Read the Book. Coleman, Ronny L. // Fire Chief;Jan2011, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p88
The article discusses the contents of the manuscript "NFPA 1620" from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the U.S. It notes that the document offers the standards of pre-incident planning within fire services. The article also encourages the readers to develop the use of...
- What's new for the 1996 edition of NFPA 13. McGreal, Mike // PM Engineer;Jul96, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the National Fire Protection Association's 1996 edition of the Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Responsibility of the Technical Committee on Automatic Sprinklers; Areas that were revised.
- WARNING LIGHTS. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p61
Focuses on the standards of the U.S. National Fire Protection Association over the proper use of warning lights. Inclusion of intersection lights between the front wheel and the fire apparatus; Provision of a maximum warning to traffic; Minimum flash rate required for any single optical source.
- What's new in NFPA 58 for 2001. Lemoff, Ted // LP/Gas;Jun2001, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the revision of the NFPA 58 rules of the National Fire Protection Association. Rules in the installation of propane systems; Qualification of personnel stipulated in the regulation; Requirements set for internal valves.
- Fire deaths, property damage increase in 1996, NFPA reports. // Professional Safety;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p64
Focuses on a report of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), on an increase of civilian fire deaths in the United States in 1996. Statistical information of fire fatalities and property damage; Comments from Dr. John Hall, assistant vice president of fire analysis and research;...