Who's Talking About Live Burns?
- Get real! Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p20
The article presents the author's view regarding the 1403 Standard on Live Fire Training Evolution of the National Fire Protection Association. Topics discussed include a brief description of the 1403 Standard, an overview of the study conducted by the Underwriters Laboratories Firefighter...
- Rest for the Weary. Lindsey, Jeffrey T. // Fire Chief;Apr2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the revision of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. The standards are updated for new and innovative approaches that unify fire service procedures and processes. In relevance, it highlights the concept of NFPA 1584, a standard that sets the...
- Propane Emergency Responder Training. Sweet, Shane // Fuel Oil News;Nov2015, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p32
The article reports on the Emergency Response Training to members of the propane industry and firefighters at the New York State Fire Academy in Montour Falls, New York. It highlights that the event was sponsored by the New York Propane Gas Association with funding from the Propane Education &...
- Near-Miss Reports Help Train the Trainers. Tippett, John // Fire Chief;May2009, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p13
The article focuses on the National Firefighter Near-Miss Reporting System, an adaptable methodology to train the trainer to stimulate the students in Ipswich, Massachusetts. It notes that the system meet the standard of National Fire Protection Association and state-agency standards. It...
- Firefighter Wish List. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Nov2011, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p8
The article presents the "Third Needs Assessment of the U.S. Fire Service" study conducted by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to several fire departments and stations. Study shows that there are 46% of departments in the country have not trained their personnel in structural...
- Fire officer training program. Matty, Dennis R. // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p14
Highlights the training programs of fire officers in the United States. Components of the training programs; Responsibilities of a fire officer; Information on how fire departments can help in development of firefighters' skills.
- QUICK DRILLS. Grube, Martin C. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p16
Presents test drills for firefighters to test their ability to obtain information. Street identification; Bridges and overpasses; Railroad crossings; Helicopter landing zones; Elevator rescue; Car fires.
- Firefighters' fatal error means it can all be over in a flash. // New Scientist;4/27/96, Vol. 150 Issue 2027, p13
Reports on Essex County Fire and Rescue Services' Flashover Training System at Wethersfield airfield in Braintree, Great Britain. Helping firefighters spot the warning signs of an impending flashover; Cause of a fireball; Prevention.
- TRIAL BY FIRE. Battersby, Stephen // Current Science;4/30/2010, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p12
The article offers information on the training undergone by fire fighters in Texas to prevent fires from happening in the area as well as mentions steps on how to stop it.