Feinstein Introduces Fire Bills
- Should the Senate Pass S. 139, the Climate Stewardship Act? // Congressional Digest;Jan2004, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p16
No abstract available.
- SAN FRANCISCO MAYOR VETOES "DOMESTIC PARTNERS" BILL. // Advocate;1/20/83, Issue 360, p11
Reports that San Francisco Mayor Dianne Feinstein has vetoed a legislative bill that would allow gay and unmarried non-gay couples to file affidavits stating that they were domestic partners. Question on Feinstein's commitment to human rights; Implications of the move to Feinstein's political...
- Ranchers trump politicians and activists when it comes to cattle care. Parker, Jr., Joe // Ellis County Press;6/28/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the opposition of the ranchers on the legislation, Egg Products Inspection Act Amendments of 2012, passed by Senators Dianne Feinstein and Representative Kurt Schrader that would federally dictate how eggs can be produced in the U.S.
- Feinstein Faces Recall, Blames S.F.'s Gays. Califia, Pat; Kulieke, Stephen // Advocate;3/3/83, Issue 362, p8
Reports on recall election faced by mayor of San Francisco, California Dianne Feinstein after the mayor declined to sign a bill that gives gay couple the equivalent of a marriage license. Blames on the gay community for the success of the petition; Indication of mayor's willingness to support...
- Should the Senate Approve the Agricultural Job Opportunity, Benefits and Security (AgJOBS) Act?: Con. Feinstein, Dianne // Congressional Digest;Jun2005, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p179
The article presents the views of California Senator Dianne Feinstein on the Agricultural Job Opportunity, Benefits and Security (AgJOBS) Act. She expresses her opposition to the AgJOBS bill as it is currently drafted. She believes that it is a mistake to pass this bill on an emergency...
- Tiger Cages Haunt Senator. Hegland, Corine // National Journal;8/4/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 31, p27
The article reports on the introduction of a bill by U.S. Democratic Senators Dianne Feinstein of California and Tom Harkin of Iowa that would close the Guantanamo detention center in Cuba within a year. The bill is supported by the American Civil Liberties Union, Human Rights Watch, Human...
- Feinstein moves to kill oil driffing incentives. Geman, Ben // Hill;6/30/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 76, p16
The article reports on the move of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein to propose a bill that stops deep-water oil-and-gas drilling incentive programs.
- Perchlorate Legislation. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/10/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the plans of Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) to introduce legislation to help identify and clean up sources of perchlorate in the U.S.
- Republicans closing ranks around McCain. Raju, Manu; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;2/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the move of the Senate Republicans to support Senator John McCain to promote waterboarding bill in the U.S. It stresses that Republicans initiate a vote that leads to the rejection of the supported legislation. Further, sponsor of the language in banning waterboarding...