- USFA's Cochran cites women firefighters' contributions. // Fire Engineering;May2010, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p32
The article highlights the celebration of the Women's History Month held in March 2010 wherein U.S. Fire Administrator (USFA) Kelvin Cochran expressed his gratefulness to the dedication and commitment of women in carrying out the mission of the American Fire Service.
- USFA's Cochran attends WMD command course. // Fire Engineering;Apr2010, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p66
The article reports that U.S. Fire Administrator Kelvin J. Cochran attended the "Incident Command: Capabilities, Planning and Response Actions" course at the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) in Anniston, Alabama in February 2010.
- KINDLED. // World (0888157X);2/7/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the move of faith leaders in Atlanta who marched on January 13, 2015 to support former Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran who was terminated for his beliefs on sexuality based on the Bible which he expressed in a book.
- Born to Serve. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Aug2012, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p28
An interview with Kelvin Cochran, fire chief of the U.S. Fire Department is presented. When asked about his work as the training officer in Shreveport, Louisiana, he discussed about his work in the recruit academy. It offers information on his passion for organizational management. It mentions...
- LOBBYING WORLD. // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p15
The article announces career developments in the U.S. including the employment of Kara Calvert at Franklin Square Group, the inclusion of Jonathan Mantz to the BGR Group and the Richard Prince as vice president of Advanced Medical Technology Association.
- Managerial Career Coaching. Randolph, A. Benton // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on career development coaching by managers. Career discussions between managers and their subordinates; Goal of general managers to help people develop the skills and knowledge needed to reach business objectives.
- You Want Me To Do What? Jones, Pamela R.; Kaye, Beverly; Taylor, Hugh R. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p56
Examines the roles of managers as career coaches for their subordinates. Dual responsibilities of managers; Traditional roles of human resource development departments; Critical competencies; Elements of mentorship programs.
- How Executive Learn: the Move From Glitz to Guts. Bolt, James F. // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p83
Discusses methods for the education and training of executives. Costs associated with management education; Experiential learning; Feedback on management style. INSET: Eight Tips for Designing New Methods of Executive Education.
- FACES. // PC FAB;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
Reports career developments of executives in printed circuit board industry in the U.S. Appointment of Jay Grover as president of Neltec Inc.; Selection of Dale Lee as product marketing manager of Valor Computerized Systems; Election of Benoit Pouliquen as president and chief executive officer...