State to Reduce CFD Fines
- LEGAL NEWS ROUND-UP. // Occupational Health;Mar2010, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p11
This section offers news briefs related to occupational health in Great Britain including the compensation received by Nanette Bowen for being bullied at work, the fine imposed on Mental Health Matters following the death of a lone worker, and the fine imposed on Electrical Waste Recycling Group...
- NEWS FROM Personnel today. // Occupational Health;Feb2010, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
This section offers news briefs on occupational health published in the January issues of "Personnel Today," which include the 15% in absence rates during January's cold epidemic, the imposition of fine against Shell and two of its contractors and the stress epidemic facing social workers...
- Viewpoint: Somebody has to pay. Goldfeder, Billy // American City & County;Nov2010, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p28
The author comments on the issue concerning the refusal of voluntary firefighters in Tennessee to put out a fire at a house in Obion County in September 2010. He argues that the county government must develop an effective method to provide funds for its fire services. According to him, the fire...
- SMOKE SCREEN. Doley, Rebekah // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p64
Focuses on the aspects of firefighter arson in Australia. Personal characteristics of fire fighters who commit arson; Firefighter arsonist's motive for setting fires; Firefighter selection approaches designed to address the issue of firefighter arson.
- Evolving safety technology: Integrated PASS devices. Roche, Kevin // Fire Engineering;Sep96, Vol. 149 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the evolution of Personal Alert Safety Systems (PASS) and safety technology for fire fighters. Standards on PASS; Development of integrated SCBA/PASS devices; Features of the device.
- Lift charges going up for building owners. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the 260 pound charges imposed by the London Fire Brigade for every nine non-emergency callouts at the same building in the same year in London, England. It notes that the initiative is to lessen the increasing number non-emergency call-outs. In addition, building owners...
- WORKSHOP OF THE WEEK. Seligman, Daniel; de Llosa, Patty // Fortune;7/12/1993, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p120
Presents an excerpt from a news report published in the "New York Times," which informed about an arson-awareness workshop for volunteer firefighters.
- Fireman's Holiday. // Time;12/27/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 26, p8
The article offers information on eight volunteer firemen of Genoa and Texas who set fire to abandoned building and grass fields of suburban Houston, Texas. They were caght while they set fire to an outhouse owned by the brother of fire department official of Houston. The overeager fire fighters...
- Untitled. Case, Philip // Farmers Weekly;8/29/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that a man has been quizzed by police focused on the suspicion of arson following the huge farm fire through a barn on the Isle of Sheppey in England. It mentions that fifty firefighters were called to manage the blaze at Tadwell Farm in Elm Lane. It mentions that the man is...