Lock `N' Lowdown
- The ugly American. O'Neill, Terry; Leo, Geoff // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);05/08/2000, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
Reports on a speech given by Charlton Heston, president of the National Rifle Association (NRA), in British Columbia. Response of the media to his criticism of bill C-68, the Canadian gun-registration law; Reaction of Ivar Larson, president of the British Colombia Wildlife Federation, to...
- Hollywood conservative. Selle, Robert // World & I;Jul98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p54
Features activist actor Charlton Heston and his active involvements from civil rights to gun rights. His belief on cultural failure in America; His concern on human rights and cultural integrity in America; Family background of Heston.
- Fiddling with Heston while America burns. // National Catholic Reporter;05/14/99, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p28
Criticizes the the way Charlton Heston, president of the National Rifle Association (NRA), had manipulated the debate on gun control. Opposition of the NRA to gun control legislation; Violent incidents attributed to the proliferation of guns in the United States.
- THE TWO FACES OF GUN CONTROL. Smith, Todd W. // Outdoor Life;Oct2000, Vol. 206 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of Charlton Heston, president of the National Rifle Association of America and Sarah Brady, chair of Handgun Control Inc., about gun control in the United States. Support for mandatory background checks for buyers of firearms at gun shows; Opinion on guns being registered in...
- Winning the Cultural War. Heston, Charlton // Vital Speeches of the Day;04/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p357
Presents a speech delivered by Charlton Heston, President of the National Rifle Association and Actor, given to the Harvard University Law Forum in February 1999. How the address dealt with the issue of becoming active in social changes.
- The lesson of the Resurrection. Parker Jr., Shafer // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;04/05/99, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p32
Reports on warnings that Hollywood actor Charlton Heston has made on how the tyranny of political correctness is threatening all freedoms. Why Heston is worried about the liberties of citizens; Excerpts from a speech Heston gave before the Harvard Law Forum in which he spoke about his...
- We are engaged in a great civil war. Heston, Charlton // Human Events;03/06/98, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p12
Presents the text of a speech given by the vice president of the National Rifle Association at the 25th Conservative Political Action Conference, which deals with the sociocultural conditions of Americans.
- Heston Lobbies Congress on Pension Penalty. Robb, David // Back Stage;07/19/96, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p3
Reports that former Screen Actors' Guild president Charlton Heston urged to eliminate penalties face by pensioners when they collect union pensions and unemployment benefits. Testimony of Heston before the United States Congress; Overview of the Federal Unemployment Tax Act; Amendment in the Act.
- Charlton Heston. // U.S. News & World Report;2/6/95, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on conservative actor Charlton Heston. His testimony in the United States Congress and hopes that Republican lawmakers will spare two agencies that many are attacking--the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities.