USA wrestles to the top of cable nets
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Globo Cabo flips past gov't culture channel. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;05/09/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 50, p11
Reports the refusal of Globo Cabo to carry the TV Cultura e Arte channel of the Ministry of Culture in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Reason of the cable operator for breaking the rule; Comments on the isssue; Details on the programming of the government channel.
- Nikkei draws eyeballs. // Daily Variety;10/4/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 24, p12
Reports the financial status of Nikkie-CNBC, a cable satellite news channels in Japan.
- PLAYERS. Feiwell, � Jill // Daily Variety;12/19/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 14, p16
Reports cable television network developments in the United States. Selection of Nick Stahl and Clea DuVall as lead stars of Home Box Office one-hour pilot 'Carnivale'; Role of James Caan in the USA Network television picture 'Hearts of Men.'
- USA makes it six in row. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p39
Reports that USA averaged a 2.3 rating during 1995, marking its sixth consecutive victory for the most-watched cable television network in the United States. Coverage of the O.J. Simpson trial; Improved performance of original movies on various networks; Percentage gains of the networks.
- Worldwire. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p80
Presents various briefs on cable television and companies involved in the business. Formation of international division by Bravo cable network; Canalsatellite Numerique to carry The Disney Channel France; Letter intent between Reiss Media and Mediakabel; Statistics on Nelvana's earnings.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.