Good Filters Make Good Spectrum Neighbors
- NextWave Refuses to Roll Over. Braunschweig, Carolina // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/24/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports that NextWave Telecom Inc. may never recover its wireless license spectrum auctioned off by the Federal Communications Commission in 1996. Amount of its capital infusion; Value of the auctioned license.
- Small Businesses Play A Big Role. Sullivan, Thomas // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p37
Comments on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission to auction wireless service licenses. Implications of the decision; Impact of the decision to its small businesses.
- "A New Wireless Frontier,". Washburn, Frank // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
The article presents a precis of the article "A New Wireless Frontier," by Frank Washburn that appeared in the October 16, 2007 edition of "PC Magazine." In the piece the author examines issues surrounding the auction planned by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to sell a portion...
- After bidders complain, FCC plans to make procedural changes. Wayne, Debra // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p2
Reports on the plans by the US Federal Communications Commission's Auctions Division's plans to make procedural changes in its auctions. Major complaints by auction participants; Problems with the auction procedures of the commission; Problems faced by remote bidders.
- Commission will create standard streamlined auction rules. Wayne, Debra // RCR;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the creation of a standard laundry list of rules by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to conduct auctions instead of rules formulated auction by auction. Other changes made to the rules; Ways to improved the process of auctioning; Comments from Mark Bollinger of the...
- Auction hopefuls get pointers and warnings at FCC seminar. Wayne, Debra // RCR;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p8
Reports that attendants at the Federal Communications Commission's FCC Auctions 1997 seminar, were given suggestions about communication licenses regarding FCC's auction policy and the future of competitive bidding. Sources of financial contributions for auction licenses; Granting of auction...
- House to examine FCC's auction for airwaves. Martinez, Jennifer // Hill;12/10/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 137, p22
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's efforts to auction signal wavelengths to cellular carriers will be scrutinized by the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee.
- Consumers have a lot riding on the FCC's upcoming spectrum auction. Doyle, Mike // Hill;9/15/15, Vol. 22 Issue 85, p24
The article offers the author's view on the wireless spectrum auctions that will be conducted by the U.S. Fedreal Commission (FCC) in 2016.
- FCC examines licensing bureau. // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p19
Reports that a working group of the United States Federal Communication Commission (FCC) is devising a plan that would create a licensing bureau within the FCC by combining the licensing functions of all the existing bureaus.