Altruism 101: Providing Free E-mail
- Smelling the Java. Levy, Amy // Advisor Today;Jun2000, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p88
Deals with the use of the Internet for insurance advisors in the United States. Benefits of electronic mail to insurance selling according to Purley H. Watkins, an agent with ReliaStar; Role of the Internet in researching activities of insurance advisors; Impact of Web sites on the advertising...
- Bombay Co. Relies on E-mail to Build Traffic. Grabarek, Bill // Direct;Sep2004, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p44
Presents information on the use of e-mail and Web sites by Bombay Co. Inc. to sell their products. Products of Bombay Co.; Benefits of the Internet to the company; Number of registered e-mail customers of the company.
- Can the Internet Free China? Eckholm, Eric; Faison, Seth; Crossette, Barbara // New York Times Upfront;09/20/99, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the effectiveness of the Internet, Web sites and electronic mail systems in overcoming strict censorship policies in China. Opportunity and freedom provided by the online medium for the Chinese to express their views of the communist government; Challenges facing Internet operators...
- The Internet Can Be A Strong Technical Resource. Marchese, Joe // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/3/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 14, p18
Focuses on the use of Internet as a technical resource in industry. Availability of useful information on Websites; Provision of technical support via electronic mails; Advantages of Websites.
- Consider using branded e-mail as key biz tool. DeVelvis, Jason // Marketing News;11/1/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p24
Discusses the factors that should be considered when branding e-mail communications. Potential security risk posed by software providers; Importance of functionality to easily drive Web site traffic; Integration of products with e-mail clients.
- Communication skills. Pate, Kelly // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p12
Discusses the impact of the Internet on the wireless communications industry. Value of electronic mail systems and Web sites; Increase in direct sales; Carriers' improvement of their job training customer service representatives.
- Licking Good. // Direct;Apr2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on the online efforts of Easter Seals Inc. as of August 2003. Launch of integrated Web sites for its affiliates; Distribution of an e-mail newsletter; Promotion of online registration of events. INSET: E-DONORS MAKE THE A-LIST.
- When the Internet is the place to be. Stevens, Cheryl W. // Technology Connection;May/Jun98, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on some of the sites identified for making Internet more interactive. Electronic mail; Chat rooms; Hobby Web sites.
- How-To: Create Google Alerts to "Follow" Interesting Topics. Buckley, Deborah // Journal of the CPA Practitioner;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the importance of Google Alerts. It notes that Google Alerts involve electronic (e) mails which contain news, blogs, and web based on the preferred topics of users. It mentions that these updates are used in the business through several ways including the getting of the...