Paging Gains Spur Consolidation Talk
- Paging stocks dive. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the drop in paging stock value in the United States. Impact of stock market volatility; Stock prices of Paging Network Inc., Arch Communications Inc., Metrocall Communications Inc. and Skytel Communications Inc.; Uncertainty over the future need of pagers; Issue of pricing.
- Wireless resale: A tough lock to pick. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p18
Examines the state of the wireless communications resale industry in the United States. Disparity between the strategies adopted by long-distance and wireless-telephony carriers; Growth of wireless resellers; Challenges in bundling handsets with service; Possible reasons behind the lack of...
- Paging industry undergoes makeover. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/17/98, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on changes in the paging industry in the United States. Reason carriers are reorganizing their operations and consolidating; Information on restructuring at Arch Communications Group Inc.; Comments from Darryl Sterling, paging analysts at the Yankee Group.
- PAGING'S NEW GAME. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p30
Reports developments in the paging industry in the United States as of September 2001. Changes in the delivery of voice and data messages for the subscribers; Importance of private system pagers in hospitals; Comments of Zetron Paging Systems product sales manager Larry MacKnight on small...
- Wireless E-mail Offers Paging New Life. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the development of two-way paging devices with keyboards in the United States. Growth of the two-way paging industry; Forecast of an increase in the sales of two-way paging devices; One-way paging users conversion into two-way paging services.
- The sky's the limit. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the entry of paging company SkyTel Corp. into Puerto Rico in November 1996. Establishment of office at Plaza Las Americas Tower; Estimated number of paging units serviced by firm in different countries; Prospects for growth of paging industry; Range of paging and messaging services...
- Yankee projects continued paging growth in China. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the growth of the paging market in China according to a study released by Yankee Group. Projected growth rate until 2004; Factors that influence the growth of the paging market despite the demand for cellular phones; Impact of efforts to license paging chipset solutions to consumer...
- Competing On A Two-way Street. Mears, Jennifer // Wireless Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p36
Part II. Explores whether the paging industry remains a player with the proliferation of digital services. Information on two-way advanced messaging services; How emerging messaging devices are being marketed; Cost of building out a two-way paging network.
- SkyTel showers $10 million on brand. Greim, Lisa // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Oct95, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on SkyTel Corp.'s launch of a marketing campaign designed to promote its SkyTel 2-Way narrowband paging system in September 1995. Advertising budget; Features of the paging system; Service areas; Description of the ad campaign; Telecommunications companies that are preparing to enter...