Web Domain Name Still Up For Grabs
- Domain Registry for Sale. // Association Management;Jun2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p10
Announces the auction for the sale of .org Internet registry.
- My life as an auctioneer. Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p74
Relates a personal experience as an auctioneer of domain names on the Internet in Australia. Sale of the pornmower.com domain; Information on the initial asking price for the domain; Failure to attract buyers for the domain.
- Wireless.com not getting top bids. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p3
Reports the ongoing auction for the Internet domain name wireless.com in San Francisco, California.
- There's Value in Those URLs. Meystedt, Aron // Heritage Magazine for the Intelligent Collector;Fall2015, Issue 28, p93
The article discusses factors that make a domain name a premium asset in auction business including the need to have an exact match of words that name a product, service, and industry or location, the significance of having short names or acronyms, and the benefits of one word branding names.
- Have a Spare $50K Lying Around? Yahoo Is Having a Yard Sale for Spare URLs Like Sandwich.com. Stampler, Laura // Time.com;11/14/2013, p1
The article focuses on the Internet company Yahoo! and its auction of its unused domain names such as Sandwich.com, Crackers.com, and Sled.com.
- Web site owner pins hopes on auction. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/30/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 32, p3B
Focuses on the plan of Kerry Edwards to auction the kerryedwards.com site to the highest bidder. Registration of the domain names; Cost of the site; Interest of Edwards to auction the rights to the domain.
- FairfieldCounty.com draws no bids. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/14/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p3
Reports on Alan Johnson's offer of the domain name FairfieldCounty.com for sale on the Internet auction site, eBay. Starting bid; Registration of the domain name by Network Solutions; Ways in which eBay has not shown itself to be an effective platform for the sale of domain names; Guidelines for...
- No sale for economicdevelopment.com. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);07/27/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the failure of New World Media Incorporated's economicdevelopment.com domain to attract bidders during an online auction. Remarks from Bob Peck, vice president of sales for New World Media; New World's reason for purchasing the domain; Implications of the availability of alternate...
- Life after the fall. Chinnery, Kevin // BRW;10/23/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p14
The article reports that the domain name AfterTheBailout.com has been registered and is being auctioned on ebay.com. According to the author, the minimum bid is $1 million. The author adds that the domain name could turn out to be a useful online real estate for those trying to market to the...