California Paging Carriers To LECs: Pay Up
- News. // RCR Wireless News;10/18/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p15
Reports on the deadline given to paging licensees for filing their license audit response to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in 2004. Consequence to be faced by licensees if they fail to submit their responses; Background of the paging license; Results of audits of private land...
- Freedom to roam. // Wireless Review;02/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the Telecommunications Resellers Association's (TRA) call for the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to give resellers the capability of offering their own roaming services. TRA executive David Gusky on exorbitant roaming rates; FCC's review of all automatic roaming agreements.
- Roof wrongs. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/13/99, Vol. 237 Issue 11, p31
Reports on the call of the Association for Local Telecommunications Services for the United States Federal Communications Commission to take action that would ensure equal access to buildings and rooftops for all carriers. Significance of the issue to the verifiability of the 1996 Telecom Act;...
- TRA urges no delay on number portability. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/17/98, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p8
Reports that the Telecommunications Resellers Association urged the United States Federal Communications Commission not to delay the rollout of wireless number portability. Claims from the wireless industry; What portability refers to; Reference to the North American Numbering Council; Reason...
- Resellers ask FCC for roaming rights equal to carriers. // RCR;01/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the request made by the Telecommunications Resellers Association (TRA) to the Federal Communication Commission, to require wireless carriers to offer automatic roaming agreements. Circumstances surrounding the request.
- Pressler wants simpler telecommunications bill. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p82
Reports that incoming chairman of the United States Senate Commerce Committee Larry Pressler will call for simplified telecommunications reform legislation in 1995. Schedule of hearings; Criticism about the FCC; Promised delivery of bills for the American people.
- Deregulation in the Communications Industry. Wyatt, Douglas C. // Communications & the Law;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p75
Reviews the United States Federal Communications Commission policy and legislation, particularly provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Status of telephone and cable systems; How the Telecommunications Act of 1996 would impact upon the communications industry; Conclusion.
- symposium. Wilhelm, Anthony G.; Feulner, Edwin // Insight on the News;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p40
Presents contrasting views on the United States Federal Communications Commission's education-rate, or E-rate, a key provision of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Advantages and disadvantages of E-rate; Role of E-rate in giving remedy to social and educational problems; Issue on the hidden...
- Fair play in technology. Gallt, Jack J. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the implementing rules made by the United States Federal Communciations Commission (FCC) under the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Provisions in the law that call for affordable access to telecommunications services for schools and libraries; Importance for the FCC to address the...