California May Lump Wireless With Wireline
- BILLING RIGHTS. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;4/21/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the proposed Consumer Bill of Rights as a way to protect consumers from telecommunication carriers. Percentage of telecommunication billing disputes; Contradiction among local exchange carriers; Procedures in the billing of telephones.
- Telcos taken to task. Kollmorgen, Andy // Choice;Oct2012, p11
The article reports on the guidebook issued by the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) which explains new consumer rights enforceable through the updated Telecommunications Consumer Protections Code.
- Telecom Bill of Rights on the table in California. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p13
Focuses on the Telecommunications Consumer Bill of Rights drafted by the California Public Utilities Commission (PUC) Commissioner Carl Wood which would impose a regime of consumer protection rules on mobile phone operators and other wireless service providers. Terms under the Bill of Rights;...
- OFT focuses on consumers' interests. // Credit Management;Sep2000, p13
Reports on the British Office of Fair Trading's study of consumer savings from action against unfair penalties in loan agreements and unduly long notice periods in mobile telephone contracts. Assessment of consumer protection agencies' efforts to fight unfair trading practices; Level of...
- 5 Things Every Wireless Technology Consumer Should Know! Tagaban, Brian // Navajo Times;5/30/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 22, p4-A
The article offers suggestions to wireless technology consumers in Navajo Nation, Arizona for the protection of their rights including need to be cautious of who sends information over email for security purpose; their exemption from state taxes; and need to know areas where roaming charges apply.
- Between a Rockefeller and a hard place. Silva, Jeffery // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p10
The author comments on issues regarding wireless consumer protection and telecom carriers in the U.S. He says that questions have been raised about whether telecommunications industry campaign contributions might have had a role in Senator Jay Rockefeller's embrace of wiretap immunity for...
- Q and A. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/12/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p11
Presents question and answer advisory on wireless telephone use. Effect of wireless phone use on health; Inquiry on the link between wireless phone and cancer; Information on evidence of health risk from use of wireless phones; Commitment of science on consumer safety.
- TCI accused of consumer fraud. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/96, Vol. 126 Issue 21, p50
Reports that the district attorney offices of Alameda and Santa Clara counties in San Francisco, California are planning to file a consumer protection lawsuit against Tele-Communications Incorporated. Investigations of allegations that TCI misled the public; Controversy surrounding quotation of...
- Trai Amends QoS Regulations to Ensure Billing Accuracy. // Voice & Data;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the amendment of the Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) Regulations 2006 by Telecommunication Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) to reduce complaints on billing and protect consumer interest in India.