AT&T Fills Florida Gap
- AT&T acquires Wireless One. // RCR;02/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p21
Reports the definitive agreement of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to acquire the assets of Wireless One Network LP in the United States.
- FROM AFFILIATION TO ASSIMILATION. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/19/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p50
Reports on the acquisition of corporate affiliate TeleCorp PCS by AT&T Wireless. Impact of the decision on spectrum cap issued by the United States Federal Communications Commission; Comparison between the restructuring programs of AT&T and Sprint PCS.
- AT&T Wireless buys TeleCorp affiliate. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the acquisition of TeleCorp PCS by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Terms of the acquisition; Plans of AT&T; Importance of the filing of buildout certifications to TeleCorp; Advantages of the acquisition to AT&T and TeleCorp.
- Where's the consolidation? Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p10
Comments on the consolidation plans of telecommunication companies in the U.S. Information on the alliance of AT&T Wireless Services Inc, T-Mobile USA Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC; Decision of Vodafone Group plc to terminate its plan to acquire shares at Verizon Wireless Inc.; Plan of...
- Telecom marriages rarely made in heaven. Katz, Raul L. // America's Network;4/15/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p18
The long-awaited consolidation in the U.S. telecommunications industry is gaining momentum. AT&T Wireless was acquired by Cingular, BellSouth sold its Latin American wireless properties to Telefonica, and MCI has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its stake in Embratel to Telmex. These...
- A Sudden Disconnect. Sloan, Allan // Newsweek;2/2/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p48
Presents an analysis of what went wrong at cellular phone company AT&T Wireless. Announcement by the company last week it was looking for a buyer; Background on the early success of the company, which was the biggest cellular company in the U.S. when AT&T Corp. sold a piece of it four years ago...
- MERGER, SHE WROTE. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;4/22/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p23
Comments on the rumored merger of AT&T Wireless and Cingular which did not materialize. Effect of the speculation on both companies' stocks; Implications of the publicity.
- Suppliers Feel Merger's Holding Pattern. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p21
Deals with the implication of the AT&T Wireless/Cingular Wireless merger for wireless equipment gear vendors in the U.S., as of October 2004. Factors that have put significant pressure on the quarter's revenues and margins in North America; Idea on which the merger is built.
- ed reynolds. // Wireless Review;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p9
Presents an interview with Ed Reynolds, president of network operations at Cingular Wireless regarding the integration of Cingular's network with the acquired assets of AT&T Wireless. Complexity of the integration; Backhaul for an integrated network; Coverage challenges in line with the...