Getting Crabby Over WAP
- Geoworks unveils wireless-extension solution. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p58
Introduces several wireless-extension solutions for application service providers by Geoworks Corp. in the United States. Role of Mobile ASP in the application development process; Components of Mobile ASP; Use of Premion Server technology in optimizing data formats; Functions of notification...
- Green Light For Geoworks' Growth. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the progress of wireless data pioneer Geoworks Corp. on the business and legal side. Why Geoworks expects that the legal dispute with Phone.com will be dismissed by the court; Number of companies that have licensed the Geoworks Wireless Application Protocol user interface.
- WAP Survives IPR Issue. Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;03/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the license fees charged by Geoworks Inc. for the use of its WAP intellectual property rights (IPR) on January 19, 2000. Criticisms on the company's IPR claim to wireless markup language; Comments from Rhonda Jobe, vice president for marketing of Geoworks.
- ASPs steal thunder. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/06/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p70
Deals with the impact of application service providers (ASP) on wireless communications operators. Impact of ASP on wireless operators' profits; Effect of ASP on airtime of wireless operators; Services offered by ASP Geoworks; Target market of ASP Wysdom. INSETS: Briefly;Portal play.
- Business briefs. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p49
Reports on developments related to wireless telecommunications industry as of February 1, 1999. Includes product interoperability tests conducted by Geoworks Corp. and APiON Ltd.; L-3 Communications' planned public offering.
- Geoworks Claim Its WAP Rights. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the doubling of the market capitalization of wireless data company Geoworks Corp. Reason for the doubling of the company's market capitalization; Annual fee that will be charged by Geoworks for companies with more than one million revenue.
- The Relentless Pursuit of Patents. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the change in the attitudes of wireless companies toward intellectual property. Strategy of startups in seeking patent awards; Cost of securing a patent in the U.S.; Amount of revenue per quarter generated by the technology licensing unit of Qualcomm; Approach of Ericsson in...
- BellSouth Wireless Data to use Geoworks' AirBoss. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p20
Reports on the launching of a wireless Web proxy server and microbrowser based on Geoworks Corp.'s AirBoss technology by BellSouth Wireless Data LLP.
- Wingin' It. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p24A
Reports on the search of wireless application service providers (WASP) in the United States for growth areas for their business. Market opportunities for WASP Modular product of Geoworks Corp.; Customers of Wysdom Inc.; Content services offered by Xypoint Corp.