California Sues AirTouch, Tandy
- Consumer-based Lawsuits Target AirTouch. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p14
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission has issued proposed consumer-protection rules and the state's attorney general filed a lawsuit against AirTouch Cellular company. Claims of the California attorney general's office against AirTouch; Impact of the proposed rules on...
- Wireless partnership sparks suit. MOCH, CHRISSY // Telephony;04/05/99, Vol. 236 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Roseville Telephone Co. against AirTouch Cellular company. Purpose of Roseville for filing the lawsuit; Information on the contract signed by the two companies in forming the Sacramento-Valley Limited Partnership.
- Irving firm sues Tandy, NEC over fax patent infringement. Bronstad, Amanda // Business Press;08/07/98, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p7
Focuses on Irving, Texas-based Automated Business Cos.'s filing of a lawsuit against Tandy Corp. and NEC America. Claims of illegal use of the company's patent technology in the development and sale of fax machines; Part of a large campaign to reclaim patent rights over Automated Business' device.
- The Sixth Circuit's Greatest Hits: Significant I.P. Cases from 2004. Snyder, Steven L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q2, p1
The article presents summaries of cases and the decisions made by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in 2004. The case AutoZone Inc. v. Tandy Corp is about a trademark dilution claim and zoning. The case Murray Hill Publications Inc. v. Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. is about...
- CAR HIRE HELL. Bray, Roger // Travel Law Quarterly;Sep2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p161
The article focuses on the author's insights on vehicle rentals or car hire in the travel industry. He reveals his personal experience on what he would regard as unreasonable charges in vehicle rentals. He argues that travellers should not be asked to sign open ended contracts giving car hire...
- Consumer Abuse of Bankruptcy: An Evolving Philosophy of Debtor Qualification for Bankruptcy... Coulson, Richard E. // Albany Law Review;1998, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p467
Examines the future income aspect of the debate over the history of the bankruptcy bargain and the evolution of the bankruptcy discharge. Evolution of American bankruptcy; Substantial abuse on consumers; Comments on the philosophy of consumer bankruptcy; Selected aspects of pending legislation;...
- Miliband slams claims firms "racket". Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);7/23/2012, p5
The article reports that British labor leader Ed Miliband has released a statement accusing claims management companies of racketeering and abusing consumers.
- Telemarketing Fraud and Consumer Abuse. // Journalism Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p502
Reviews the book `Telemarketing Fraud and Consumer Abuse,' by Subcommittee on Transportation and Hazardous Materials, Committee on Energy and Commerce and US House of Representatives.
- Merchant Auction Sites: Bidder Beware of the Fine Print. Kandra, Anne // PC World;Mar2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p62
Discusses the problems that consumers have had with online auction sites. The experiences of Jamie Engel who bid on a computer on Onsale.com; The sources of complaints; Why consumers should read the disclaimers that the sites post.