Senators Eye C-Block Status
- Fields calls for FCC spending freeze. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/95, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p44
Reports on US House of Telecommunications Subcommittee's decision to freeze Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) budget for 1996. Implications of cuts to FCC employees; Schedule of hearings for FCC justification of expenditures.
- FCC sets fees; hopes to raise $163 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/22/98, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p24
Presents a tabulated data of scheduled regulatory fees for the fiscal year 1998 by the United States Federal Communication Commission.
- Budget disappointment at the FCC. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/94, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's budget for 1995 approved by the House Appropriations Committee that is less than the amount submitted by the agency. Committee's vote to increase user fees by $20 million for industries regulated by FCC.
- House Telcomsubcom backs FCC budget boost. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/94, Vol. 124 Issue 22, p18
Reports that the House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Ed Markey has promised to introduce legislation authorizing 12.5% increase for the fiscal year 1995 budget of the Federal Communications Commission. Purpose of paying for 250 new employees, including 77 additional staffers for the...
- 1995 budget may give FCC new fee clout. Holland, Bill // Billboard;2/18/95, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p106
Reports on the release of the 1995 budget of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Allocations of budget; Addition of powers of the FCC; Comments from FCC officials.
- Court cuts NextWave bid price by $3 billion. Mooney, Elizabeth V.; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p1
Reports that the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York ruled in favor of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. by cutting its C-block license bid obligations to $1.023 billion. Significance of the ruling on the implementation of Nextwave's carrier strategy;...
- Congress Eyed On DE Rule. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the re-auction of the licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Hurdle to the auction; NextWave's request to the United States Court of Appeals.
- NextWave, FCC argue license value in court. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
Discloses that NextWave Personal Communications Inc. has asked a judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York to devalue its C-block licenses as a prelude to its request for Chapter 11 reorganization. NextWave as plaintiff in an adversarial proceeding...
- House Telecommunications Subcommittee chairman Jack Fields wants to cut the FCC's budget. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p60
No abstract available.