Pieces Of The Puzzle
- BILLIONAIRES' CLUB. // Metro (NZ);Oct2002, Issue 256, p50
Features the billionaires in Auckland, New Zealand. Cabling company inheritance of Craig McCaw; Collaboration of Paul Allen with Bill Gates in the foundation of Microsoft Corp.; Management of Prada company by Miuccia Prada.
- Get That Billionaire. Buckley, Jr., William F. // National Review;12/31/2002, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p50
The article comments on the article "The Joy of Watching Billionaires Lose the America's Cup," published in the magazine "Slate." The America's Cup boat race will sees some of the world's richest men competing and a few being defeated. The term "billionaire" is almost always used mockingly. It...
- 50 leaders of the information age. Andrews, Suzanna; Burrough, Bryan // Vanity Fair;Oct95, Issue 422, p278
Profiles independent investor Craig McCaw. Corporate holdings; Career achievements; Personal background.
- Pioneer Nabs Achievement Award In Geneva. // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p3
Features the awarding of the Arthur Andersen Lifetime Achievement in Communications Award to Craig McCaw. Background on the awards; Companies founded by McCaw.
- McCaw drops out, at least for now. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/13/95, Vol. 228 Issue 11, p7
Reports on cellular industry mogul Craig McCaw's withdrawal from the US Federal Communications Commission's personal communication services (PCS) license auction. Exit of other companies from the auction; Speculations on McCaw's further involvement in PCS.
- Craig McCaw has taken over. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/15/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 24, p19
Reports that Craig McCaw has taken over as chief executive of Teledisc. His plans to remain as chairman as well.
- Executive decision. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;12/15/97, Vol. 233 Issue 24, p7
Discloses that Craig McCaw has named himself chief executive officer (CEO) of Teledesic Corp. Assistance to be provided by Steve Hooper as co-CEO of Teledesic; Factors contributing to the management changes.
- Helping hands. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/27/98, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p8
Reports on telecom magnate Craig McCaw's deal with Level 3 Communications for interconnection needs. Formation of an entity called Internext to coordinate the interconnection effort; Benefits of the deal for McCaw properties.
- Nextel saves face: McCaw is new partner. Lindstrom, Annie; O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;4/10/95, Vol. 228 Issue 15, p7
Reports on Craig McCaw's financial investment to Nextel Communications. Features of the agreement; Background on the negotiations leading to the agreement; Comment by Morgan O'Brien, chairman of Nextel.