Of Time and Wool Coats
- your look: TOPCOAT. // InStyle;Oct2012, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p214
The article features several topcoats for fall, including a wool-nylon topcoat by Aqua, a wool-polyester topcoat by Maison Scotch and a wool topcoat by Tocca.
- MILITARY. // InStyle;Aug2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p180
Presents information on belted wool coats and peacoats for women.
- Bundle Up Without A Bundle. Crum, Kathy // Louisville Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p28
Photographs of woolen clothes including a purple wool-blend coat, a Faux cheetah coat and a knit scarf are presented.
- The New Winter Coat. Freedman, Jonah // Money;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p105
The article describes the popularity of soft shell jackets. They're deceptively light, about the weight of a sweatshirt, and their construction (of fleece and a tightly woven, stretchable nylon) keeps you warm even at 32Â° F and breathes freely enough to prevent you from sweating inside all...
- TECHNOLOGY MIXES WITH THE PRACTICAL AT MUNICH TEXTILE FAIR. McGuinness, Damien // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/27/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 67, p22
The article highlights the Munich Fabric Start at the MOC Sports & Fashion Center in Munich, Germany from September 4 to 6, 2007. Traditional patterns were refreshed with modern yarns or innovative coatings, and materials with an old-fashioned sustainable feel, particularly honest wools, went...
- Graceful Expanses: Jean Cacicedo. Bullis, Dougals // Ornament;Spring92, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p50
The article explores designer Jean Cacicedos's love for making coats using wool in the U.S. Wool is Cacicedo's material of choice because she likes its smell when wet, its resilience and the way it takes color. She also likes to dye wool. The key to Cacicedo's work is that she shrinks to create...
- GET FLEECED. Wuebben, Joe // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov2003, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p42
Presents several fleece jackets for people engaged in physical fitness. Columbia Soft-Bloc Sweater; Pacific Trail Snoqualmie; Champion Double Dry Fleece; Adidas Adistar Half-Zip Fleece Jacket.
- Methods of Coating Textiles with Soluble Conducting Polymers. Kaynak, Akif; Foitzik, Richard // Research Journal of Textile & Apparel;May2011, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p107
Soluble conducting alkyl polypyrrole polymers have been applied by either chemical polymerization of the 3-alkyl monomers or direct application of polymer emulsion to the surface. Solution, vapor and spray polymerization methods of coating poly(3-alkylpyrroles) to the surface of woven wool...
- Rough Cut. // Esquire;Dec2005, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p182
This section shows photographs of several U.S. skilled laborers in various styles of leather, denim and wool jackets.