- Reader's Forum. Gouthro, Alex; Ott, Dick; Hughes, Jack; Malette, Chris // Ontario Out of Doors;Sep2010, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one by John Kerr in the July 2010 issue, "Conservation Corner" in the July 2010 issue, and one which discusses the increase in the number of hunters in the May 2010 issue.
- On Patrol. Caifa, Tom; Solan, John // New York State Conservationist;Dec2011, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p13
This section offers news briefs related to nature conservation in New York. In Saint Lawrence County, a person was ticketed for hunting deer by using a bait pile and for not bringing his hunting license and tags while hunting. In Orange County at Steward State Forest, several men were issued...
- SPILLING THE BEANS. McIntyre, Thomas // Field & Stream;Dec2006/Jan2007, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p28
The article presents information on the positive and negative sides of hunters. Alex Kuczynski, hunter, was shocked to know that L.L. Bean's Freeport, Maine, a megastore sold fishing and hunting gear. A 5-year-old boy, Tyler Jackson, from California, caught a 28-inch leopard shark. He said it...
- Eastern-Ontario deer hunters demand action. Palmer, James // Ontario Out of Doors;Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p15
The article focuses on the controversy raised by the Deer Removal Authorization program. This program allows farmers experiencing extensive crop damage to have deer culled from their properties, after putting up applications. However Coalition for Proper Deer Management in Ontario, a group of...
- On Patrol! Lucas, Bob // New York State Conservationist;Dec2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p29
Presents accounts of the experiences of Environmental Conservation Officers, that are police officers sworn to uphold the laws of New York State with an emphasis on the Environmental Conservation Law. Punishment to an Oswego County resident for possessing a loaded firearm on a motor vehicle;...
- WINTER WILDLIFE NEEDS REST. ROGERS, DANA // Dakota Country;Jan2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p14
The author discusses the ethical aspects of extended hunting seasons in the Dakotas, covering issues such as the stress on wildlife caused by cold weather conditions and the deer habitats. Antlerless deer hunting, pheasant shooting, and hunters' involvement in natural resource conservation are...
- Treating Knee Pain. // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p61
Explains the probable causes and treatments for common knee pains experienced by hikers.
- Preventing and treating knee injuries. Feagin Jr., John A.; Parker, Thomas // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jun92, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p1
Offers information on preventing and treating knee injuries. Vulnerability of the knee; Strategies for preventing knee injuries; An update of new diagnostic and therapeutic techniques in knee care; Importance of staying fit through good physical conditioning; Recommendations of the American...
- Icing an injured knee: 25 minutes at a time is the best. // Modern Medicine;Mar95, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p19
Discusses the icing of injured knees. Twenty five minutes as the best length of time for icing; Physiological effects; Maximum safe period for icing the knee.