- It's Snow Time. Neporent, Liz; Sosienski, Shanti // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness Hers;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p64
Presents several exercises needed before getting into cool sports during winter season. Importance of performing the exercise called ball squat before snowboarding; Advantages of the exercise called straight-arm pulldown in cross-country skiing; Benefits of a Romanian deadlift exercise to a...
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE. Johnson, Courtney // Cross Country Skier;Nov2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p22
The article features several tools used for skiing workouts. It mentions that the Concept2 SkiErg offers a low-impact aerobic workout while working the essential muscle groups used in cross country skiing. It further states that the Ercolina magnetic resistance poling machine provides skiers...
- Making the Most of the Weather. Wolcott, Eric // Cross Country Skier;Jan2011, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
The article offers suggestions when weather and conditions are not optimal for cross country skiing. It states that being flexible with the training is response to adverse conditions allows to continue to make positive strides in skiing day-in and day-out. It offers three basic steps that...
- Skiing on the slopes of health. Carrera, Michael // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Dec2006, Issue 290, p98
The article talks about the physiological and psychological benefits of alpine skiing. Cross-country skiing is easier on the joints and provides an exhilarating cardiovascular workout involving effort by both the upper and lower body. Its level of skill, balance, and coordination makes it a very...
- Cross-country skiing. Jackson, Matt // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2010, Issue 327, p101
The article offers information about cross-country skiing. The basic techniques for cross-country skiing are the diagonal stride, double pole and kick, and the herringbone that are used on different angles of terrain. Skis used for classic cross-country are longer, narrower, and lighter than...
- Backcountry skiing. Conn, Bevin // Country Journal;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p56
Provides ten basic techniques to guide beginners of cross country skiing. Walking; Diagonal stride; Poling; Double poling. INSETS: Starting gear;Dressed for success.
- conjuring kiki. Rember, John // Skiing;Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p90
Describes a personal account of the author's ski trip to the Apex Mountain, British Columbia. Route of the trip; Description of the skiers who are the author's friends in the area; Experience at Fernie.
- Glide! // Current Health 1;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information on cross-country skiing.
- Joy Of Skating. Shelton, Peter // Ski;Dec2001, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p77
Presents an article on skate skiing with daughters at the Telluride Nordic Center in Colorado. Description of the place; Information on the classic cross-country skiing technique; Details of the skating performance of the older daughter.