Less Waste, More Fulfilling
- JOY to the Earth. Franklin, Marcy // Natural Solutions;Nov/Dec2009, Issue 121, p15
The article provides insights on how to celebrate holidays, particularly Christmas, without jeopardizing the planet Earth. It offers suggestions on how to properly dispose garbage coming from gift wrappers and other Christmas-related stuffs. It is stated that instead of giving holiday cards to...
- Memory Baubles. Quesnell, Catherine // Jack & Jill;Dec98, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p18
Covers information on how to recycle Christmas cards as beautiful ornaments. Things needed; Directions on how to recycle.
- deck the halls. // Vegetarian Times;Nov/Dec2006, Issue 345, p16
This article presents a comparison of several gift products, including greeting cards, glass ornaments from World of Good and Everest Ornament from Eco-Artware,
- How toâ€¦recycle seasonal waste. Smith, Tracey // Ecologist;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p62
The author focuses on the recycling of seasonal waste. She offers suggestions for alternative gifts that reduce waste, including re-gifting unwanted presents and virtual gifts such as digital subscriptions. She suggests that greeting cards, ribbons, bows, and nice wrapping paper could be reused...
- Multiplying Vintage Glamour. GRAHAM, MELINDA // Victorian Homes;Winter2014, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p138
The article provides suggestions on how to make use of the beautiful old postcards, greeting cards and place cards as Christmas decorations.
- It's a Wrap! // Better Homes & Gardens;Dec2007, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p116
The article provides tips for using recycled gift wrapping materials and Christmas decorations. Alternatives for expensive gift wrapping paper may include brown paper doodled with comic book heroes and other types of simple paper. The Christmas tree may be decorated with a post-holiday bird...
- Hand-made Christmas. Renshaw, Hande // Australian Women's Weekly;December 2016, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p186
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making Advent Calendar, Mason jar tea-light holders, and Stamped Christmas Cards.
- Forward thinker. // Australian House & Garden;Christmas 2003, Issue 1, p65
The article suggests ways in which planning the festive season demands depends on the size of family, gift-giving quota and whether the family get-together is being held at one's place. To ease the potentially overwhelming burden, write a list of people one plan to give to and, as much as...
- Ahoy, Matey. Seideman, David // Audubon;May/Jun2011, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on the recycling of used sails made of canvas into tote bags.