Become a Track Detective!
- Signatures in Snow. Andreson, Jr., Guy // National Parks;Jan/Feb84, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p15
Discusses message revealed by animal tracks on forest snow. Forest-reading during winter; Types of animals that left behind the tracks studied by the author; Animal behavior that may be deduced from their tracks.
- SNOW-TRACKING WHITETAILS. Veine, Mike // Outdoor Life;Dec/Jan2005, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p128
Discusses ways of tracking whitetails during the winter season. Requirement in order to be a successful snow tracker; Ways to differentiate a track of a buck from a doe's tracks; Preferred conditions in order to track down a mature buck.
- Let it Snow. Mayfield, Mark // House Beautiful;Dec2005, Vol. 147 Issue 12, p4
The article presents the author's reflections about having to live with snow during Winter in the state of New York. He says that snow on trees provide a picturesque view, but quite different when the snow turns to slush on the streets. He believes that the magical appeal of the first snowfall...
- Ah, Winter! Holbrook, Stewart // American Heritage;Dec1955, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the winter season and how it brought magic to the children. Winter was the season of discontent fifty years ago, and any sad tale was best for the winter. However, children looked forward with joyous anticipation to this season. Winter also brought seasonal life to U.S.'s...
- Of Many Things. Christiansen, Drew // America;3/3/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 7, p2
The article describes what it is like during the winter months in New York. According to the author, cold rains characterize winter in the state. The author states that snow during winter is actually better than cold rain because rain makes life harder by destroying powerlines and keeping people...
- White gold: Abundant snow adds zip to North Country economy. Penney, Elizabeth // New Hampshire Business Review;1/18/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on the effect of abundant snowfall on the economy of North Country, New York. It is stated that the increase in record snowfall is translating into a healthy winter season for most businesses in North Country. The snow has been a welcome relief after three consecutive poor...
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;2/14/1977, Vol. 52 Issue 52, p27
The article presents a letter that reflects on the winter season in New York City. He discusses his experiences and environmental observations during the winter season. He felt the need to breathe some fresh air outside the house. He rejoiced the small premonitory thaw brought by the increase of...
- Follow Those Animal Tracks. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p1
Provides an activity for children on how to identify several animal tracks in the snow.
- Make Your Man Melt. // Cosmopolitan;Jan2005, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p174
The article reports on the pains and pleasure of winter seasons. It further reports that when the weather gets cold, it's ridiculously tempting to hibernate in front of the television. But the next snowy day, one can conjure up inner furnace and venture outside with one's counterpart. It...