You're about to become a Winter Wildlife Detective
- the Artful Traveler. MORSE, JOHN D. // American Artist;Mar1952, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
The article presents tips on what artists should bring or buy when traveling in Europe. Artists who are bringing their cameras can buy films almost anywhere in Europe. Binoculars are good for viewing cathedral sculpture and windows, while a magnifying glass can be used to study painting texture....
- Binocular single-refraction magnifying glasses for free flap surgery: a reliable method for developing countries. Abbas, Ashraf; Ghobashy, Waleed; Moghazy, Amr // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;Oct2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p521
Although free flaps are gaining more popularity, the logistic reasons and slow training curve are still major obstacles, particularly in developing countries. Binocular magnification glasses seemed an appealing alternative to surgical microscopes and loupes. From May 2008 to December 2010, 16...
- Sleuth on the Loose. Farley, Christina L. // Fun For Kidz;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p34
The article provides some ways to hone one's observation and detective skills. It states that the equipment needed when on the case include a magnifying glass for crime scene inspection and a notebook and pen for noting down information, and that questions on the place and time of the crime and...
- Vision Quest. Cleveland, Paul // Backpacker;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p92
Evaluates several binoculars for backpacking.
- SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING. HEMBREE, MARK // FineScale Modeler;Dec2012, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p36
The article features several magnifiers including Magna-Visor binocular magnifier from Bausch & Lomb and OptiVisor and accessories from Donegal Optical Co., and triple-grip third hand with magnifier from Micro-Mark.
- BACKYARD SAFARI GEAR FOR YOUNG EXPLORERS. // USA Today Magazine;May2010, Vol. 138 Issue 2780, p77
The article evaluates several products from Summit Toys, including the Power Field binoculars, the Super View Mega magnifier and the battery-run Bug vacuum.
- Small To Mid-Size Commercial Queen Production. Purvis, Dann // Bee Culture;4/1/2012, p59
The article offers the author's insights on grafting and working finishers in commercial queen production. The author says that the grafting task requires several supplies including cell bar frames, damp towels, and Chinese grafting tool. He mentions that the grafting method closely imitates the...
- Magnifiers. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 88 Issue 5, JVIB News Service p19
Features magnifiers from Eschenbach and COIL. Eschenbach's 17120 series of folding pocket magnifiers; COIL's RAYLITE Series 2; Magnifications and aperture ranges; Prices.
- Turtle talk. // Turtle;Apr/May94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Presents a letter to children about using a magnifying glass to look at things when going on spring walks. Ants; Other items one can use a magnifying glass on.