- Kids Corner. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);8/26/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p4
The article offers the insights of the nine-year-old fourth grade student of Tatum Elementary School in Tatum, Texas regarding school activities.
- Taking a look back in time... // Grand Saline Sun (TX);
A photograph which shows the grade four students is presented.
- Revisiting Rosenblatt's aesthetic response through The Arrival. Pantaleo, Sylvia // Australian Journal of Language & Literacy;Oct2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p125
Although numerous scholars and teachers have embraced Rosenblatt's transactional theory of reading, some have misinterpreted and oversimplified her ideas about aesthetic reading and personal response. As well as revisiting Rosenblatt's theory and other scholars' interpretation and extension of...
- JOIN THE APPLECORPS! // Appleseeds;Apr2013, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p31
The article provides several views from the fourth grade school children in Langley Park McCormick Elementary School on what amazing animal ability they would want and why.
- In Beijing, a Swim on the Wild Side. Reyes, Elmer // International Educator;Oct2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p28
The article reports that Grade 4 students from the Beijing BISS International School in China visited the city's Blue Zoo aquarium as part of an integrated study unit between physical education and the finite resources unit of inquiry.
- TOP 10 Reasons to Save the Everglades. // Appleseeds;Feb2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p34
The article provides the top 10 reasons on why people should save the Everglades in Florida. These top 10 reasons were made by fourth graders at Florida's Archimedean Academy. Among the top 10 reasons why Everglades must be saved are because it is the main source of water, it shelters many...
- How engagement strategies and literature circles promote critical response in a fourth-grade, urban classroom. Long, Trisha Wies; Gove, Mary K. // Reading Teacher;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p350
Investigates the roles of engagement strategies and literature circles in promoting critical response among fourth grade, urban students. Overview of the engagement strategies utilized by the teachers; Definition of literature circles; Discussion of how the strategies are applied during...
- An Analysis of how Proctoring Exams in Online Mathematics Offerings Affects Student Learning and Course Integrity. // International Journal for Mathematics Teaching & Learning;2011, p1
The article presents a study on the relationship between language and developmental processes of logical tools. It discusses the role of languages in classroom practices. It informs that linguistic-manipulative activities including the procedural and the assertive aspects of the language are...
- The perfect day. Wojciechowski, Joan // Teaching Pre K-8;Mar98, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p56
Narrates how a technique of teaching creative writing affects fourth grade students. Assigning students to write about a perfect day for them; How students' wishes became realities as reflected in their writings.