Hallmark Distribution Talks Continue
- Hallmark deal in the cards. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/6/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 43, p10
The article announces that Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel have negotiated a renewal of their carriage contract with DirecTV. The renewal agreement comes after the distribution contracts it signed with Time Warner Cable and Comcast, providing the two Hallmark networks with fresh...
- New business systems in New York. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/93, Vol. 123 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the New York City Department of Telecommunications and Energy's awarding of permission to Time Warner and Cablevision Systems Corp. to operate business telephone systems in the city. Other competing services in the market.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;1/16/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p0003
A correction to the article "Dolan's Cablevision, Unplugged" in the January 9, 2012 issue is presented which discusses subscribers of Time Warner Cable and Cablevision that overlaps.
- Subscriber Trends Bode Well for Cable. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the financial performance of the cable industry in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2005. Challenges faced by cable operators following the emergence of satellite companies DirecTV and EchoStar Communications; Comparison of the number of cable subscribers added among Time Warner,...
- Hallmark, Cablevision Renew Distribution. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/5/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p6
The article announces the renewal of a distribution agreement for Hallmark Channel with cable television company Cablevision Systems by media productions company Crown Media Holdings in the U.S. The agreement gives Cablevision the right to distribute the standard-definition and high-definition...
- No N.Y. Cable Combo, Says TW's Rosenblum. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p8
Reports that Time Warner's New York City president, Barry Rosenblum has declared that their is no chance of alliance between Time Warner Cable and Cablevision Systems Corp. Declaration of his system's high-definition subscriber count in a public forum; Opinion on relation between cable...
- Metro Guides. DeNitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;01/25/99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Announces the debut of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s MSG Metro Guide network on Time Warner Cable in New York City. Spot for former New York City Mayor Ed Koch; Changes in the channel; Other Metro Channels.
- Competition can fix cable TV. // Crain's New York Business;4/21/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p12
The article presents information the findings of a survey, according to which New Yorkers believe that the prices Time Warner Cable and Cablevision Systems charge for cable television (TV) are too high. The survey also showed that a third of Cablevision subscribers rate their service offerings...
- HD AND VOD: Ever the twain shall meet. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Sep2003, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p2
Reports that a handful of multiple system operators already have High Density Video-On-Demand (HDVOD) plans and that Cablevision Co. will be the first multiple system operators out of the blocks when it launches a commercial HDVOD service tier in the U.S. Move of Time Warner Cable for HDVOD;...