Comcast, Dingell In Boxing Match
- I want my digital TV! Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p10
The author comments on a possible delay in transitioning from analog to digital television broadcasting. Representative John Dingell of Michigan has issued a warning to the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration that its plan to aid the transition to digital TV are...
- Congress's most feared Democrat. Rainie, H.; Cohen, G. // U.S. News & World Report;8/26/91-9/2/91, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p52
Profiles Rep. John Dingell, 65, (D.-Mich.) chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, who sees his committee as a springboard to thwart much of the conservative plan to dismantle Washington's regulatory framework. His recent investigations of Dr. David Baltimore, Nobel laureate, and...
- The baddest overseer on the Hill. // U.S. News & World Report;9/11/89, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p26
Profile of John Dingell, head of the House Energy & Commerce Committee and one of the least liked and most feared members of Congress. Discusses his role as an overseer and congressional investigator.
- University scientists to be investigated for conflicts of interest. Watson, Traci // Nature;8/20/1992, Vol. 358 Issue 6388, p614
Reports that the staff of Representative John Dingell (D-Mich.) are investigating scientists at Stanford University and the University of California after receiving reports from a whistleblower. Details.
- Indirect costs again. // Nature;9/19/1991, Vol. 353 Issue 6341, p196
Opinion. Comments that Representative John Dingell has uncovered a scandal on indirect research costs that may afflict nearly all United States universities. Government auditors have now discovered problems at the University of Michigan.
- Will `meanest man' in House exit in '96? // Human Events;1/20/95, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p18
Features the Democratic Representative John Dingell and the possibility of his retirement in 1996. Information about his tenure as the Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
- Dingell declares war. // Chemical Week;8/6/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 30, p37
Announces that Representative John Dingell would lead an effort in Congress to delay tighter standards for ground-level zone and fine particles. Reactions of the observers on Dingell's action.
- More trouble for Trump. Fenyvesi, C. // U.S. News & World Report;4/9/90, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p22
Reports that Michigan Representative John Dingell has launched an inquiry into the dismissal of Marvin Roffman by a brokerage firm, after Donald Trump threatened to sue the company.
- FCC Goes on 'Neighborhood' Watch. // Multichannel News;5/7/2012, Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to appeal the order by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Media Bureau to reposition Bloomberg Television LP business-news into news neighborhoods to comply FCC's condition on approval for Comcast-NBCUniversal deal. Comcast vice...