Insight Separation Looks on Track
- Comcast goes on an expansion spree. // CED;May2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the merger activities of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Comcast will purchase Patriot Media & Communications for a net cash investment of $483 million. Patriot offers cable television, high-speed Internet and digital phone services to more than 118,000 homes in New Jersey. The...
- Insight Facing Decisions. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Insight Communications Co. to the 1.3 million customers of their Insight Midwest partnership after the breakup. On April 2, 2007, Insight Communications and Comcast has announced the breakup of their partnership. The two companies decided to...
- Going Private, Getting Ready. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the decision made by Insight Communications Inc. to go private in March 2005. Partnership of Insight with Carlyle Group; Decline in the stock price of Insight in 2004; Ownership by Comcast Corp. of the systems of Insight.
- Willner Exhorts Execs to Keep Moving. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p20
Focuses on the plan of Insight Communications Company Chief Executive Officer Michael Willner to merge the company with larger MSO in order to keep the business. Cancellation of the East Coast Cable Convention; Amount raised by Insight Disaster Relief Fund.
- Comcast to take over local insight cable operations. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the agreement between cable companies Comcast corp. and Insight Communications Co. Inc. that Comcast will take over all of the territory in Indiana now managed by Insight. The transition includes Insight customers from Anderson, Bloomington and Lafayette. Comcast is...
- Splitsville for Comcast-Insight. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 50, p12
The article reports that cable operators Comcast Corp. and Insight Communications Co. have agreed to divide cable systems they have owned in a joint venture. In the transaction, Comcast will get control over cable systems serving Illinois customers and Insight will get its hands on cable systems...
- SUFFERING SECTOR. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the performance of multiple systems operators (MSO) in the U.S. as of August 2004. Number of basic subscribers lost by Comcast Corp.; Customers lost by Insight Communications Co.; Stock prices of the top MSO in the country.
- Insight Severs Comcast Pact. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the decision of Insight Communications Co. to terminate a management agreement with Comcast Corp. Overview of the contract; Revenue growth of Insight for the quarter of 2004; Number of additional subscribers of Insight.
- Cablers Gear for Tiers. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p21
Cable operators continue battling their digital subscriber line foes, they are delving increasingly into tiered data services to hit a wider target audience. The latest to take a step into tiering is Insight Communications Co., which soft-launched a higher-speed InsightBB.com Plus, May 12 in all...