What Comcast Could Buy
- Comcast plans to deploy super-fast cable to help it compete with Google. // Wire Journal International;Oct2015, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p16
The article highlights the plan of mass media company Comcast to introduce a next-generation cable technology that would allow the company to compete at the same speed offered by Google Fiber.
- Comcast subscribers almost stop cancelling cable. Svensson, Peter // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;2/22/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p4
The article reports that cable company Comcast Corp. has managed to reduce the number of subscribers cancelling their cable services from October to December 2011.
- Untitled. // CED;Sep2006, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the appointment of William Stemper as head of Comcast business services and senior vice president of Comcast Cable by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Stemper will supervise Comcast's business services strategy to facilitate the deployment of new and existing communications...
- Werner Trendsets at CableNEXT. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jan2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p11
Information about several topics discussed at a convention sponsored by CableNEXT is presented. Over 80 speakers attended the convention, including Tony Werner, chief technical officer of Comcast. Werner's keynote address focused on the five-year trends in the industry including content/device...
- TOP 100 CABLE &SATELLITE OPERATORS. // Multichannel News;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p19A
Lists some of the top 100 cable and satellite operators. Comcast; DirecTV; Time Warner Cable; Charter Communications.
- PEG Channels' New Best Friend. Riedel, Bunnie // Multichannel News;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p27
In this article the author discusses the commitment of cable operator Comcast Corp. to support public, educational, and government (PEG) access programming in the U.S. The author notes that cable operators must toughen their public interest credibility because the whole community already know...
- Cedar Point, Comcast begin cable media switching lab trial. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/30/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p43
Reports on the implementation of a telephony-based cable media switching system in a laboratory trial initiated by Cedar Point Communications and Comcast Corp. Characteristics of the cable media switching; Problems faced by cable operators from telephony services; Advantages of the switching...
- Cap's Day in Court. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p2
The article reports that the cable industry, led by Comcast, will ask the federal court to cancel a cable ownership restriction adopted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The rule prohibits a cable firm from serving more than 30% of all pay television subscribers nationally....
- ANALOG ZAPPERS. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/12/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p24
The article reports on the functions and contribution of analog-signal zappers to the cable operators and consumer electronics. According to Comcast Corp. chief operating officer Steve Burke, its firm aims to use digital-to-analog (DTA) boxes as the main way to free up near-term capacity. The...