Sixteen more firms join ranks of MVPs
- Company briefs. Wilson, Marilyn // Fleet Owner;Jan1998, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p86
Presents brief news stories relating to companies in the trucking industry in the United States. Reference to the plans of Cummins Engine Company to purchase Nelson Industries Incorporated; Reorganization of the fleet sales and services departments of Neway Anchorlok International; Information...
- For better or worse. For richer or poorer. // Fleet Owner;Jan1998, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p88
Presents brief news items relating to businesses in the trucking industry in the United States. Possible acquisition of Victory Express by U.S. Xpress Enterprises; Selection of Redwood Systems to manage apparel distribution for Nike Corporation's retailers through Mexico; Information on the...
- ANALYSTS DOUBT FLEETS WILL PRE-BUY. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p28
Reports the plan of trucking companies to avoid the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency mandated engine by buying trucks. Lack of internal funds to support a large increase in capital expenditures; Utilization of existing equipments; Impact of the economy to the trucking industry.
- Matchmaker, matchmaker. // Fleet Owner;Aug98, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p103
Presents information on businesses in the United States, involved in the trucking industry. Details on the Parts On Time system which will be provided by Burnham and Sky Courier companies; Value of Celadon Group's acquisition by Odyssey Investment Partners and a group of Celadon's managers;...
- FMCSA expects 'relatively few' Mexican carriers. Snyder, Charles A. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p14
Reports the operation of the Mexican trucking companies in the United States. Accessibility of the Mexican carriers; Relationship between the suppliers and shippers; Rules of the North American Free Trade Agreement arbitration panel. INSET: ENSURING MEXICAN TRUCK SAFETY.
- BRIEFLY. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p14
Reports developments on trucking industry in the United States. Resignation of Walter McCormick as chief executive officer of the American Trucking Associations; Development of the potential heavy-duty engine; Price increase on all models in the product lines of Volvo Trucks.
- DISPATCH. Snyder, Charles A. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p18
Reports the proposed taxation of the trucking industry in the United States. Resignation of Jim Hebe as president of Freightliner LLC business; Implications of the deregulation law on trucking; Reduction of the marginal income tax rates.
- State-By-State Updates. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p26
Reports business developments on trucking industry in the United States. Effect of the shut down in all commercial transport on business; Proposal of Governor George Pataki to fine drivers for using handheld cell phones; Increase the fines for logbook violations.
- Company briefs. // Fleet Owner;Jul98, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p112
Presents information on various issues relating to business enterprises in the United States, pertaining to the trucking industry. Proposed production increase fo Bridgestone/Firestone company; Introduction of fast-truck lube centers by Pennzoil Products Company; Information on Champion...