Vicon expands fabrication capabilities
- Koike Aronson Laser Cutting Machine Providing Service at Steel Fabricator. // Welding Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p12
The article reports that one of Arcade, New York-based Koike Aronson/Ransome Inc.'s LaserTex carbon laser cutting machines has now been in service for six months at Vicon Fabricating Co. The LaserTex model used by Vicon features a Yasukawa/Siemens controller, a Trumpf 6-kilowatt laser resonator...
- Special-purpose metalcutting equipment. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug98, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p568
Presents information on several equipment for metalcutting. Features of the Cincron Automated Pallet Cell from Cincinnati Milacron company; Technology that are included in the Model-160 machine for optimum gear cutting system; Metering capabilities of the H350 series large-capacity metering...
- 1. CUTTING EQUIPMENT. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Dec2000, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p7
Presents equipment for cutting various types of material. Portable manual oxyacetylene equipment; Machine controls for thermal cutting; Cutting torches; Pipe cutting and beveling machines; Plasma-arc cutting; Laser-beam cutting; Flying-optic machines; Air-carbon-arc cutting; Circular cold saws;...
- Cutting Equipment. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Dec99, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p8
Presents several metal-cutting equipment and supplies. Includes thermal cutting; Oxyfuel cutting; Plasma-arc cutting; Laser-beam cutting. INSET: Tips to Improve Plasma Cutting.
- TOOL TALK. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p14
Presents information on some cutting tools. Short hole drill from KUB Quatron; UBT-B Universal boring bar-style burnishing tool from Cogsdill Tool Products; Sumitomo's sumiCermet T250A milling grade.
- SPECIAL PURPOSE METALCUTTING EQUIPMENT. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug2004, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p292
Presents several special purpose metal cutting equipment used in the manufacturing industries. Multistar CX-24 rotary transfer machine from Mikron Corp.; Pro-Point 2331 marking systems from Matthews International Corp.; Epic R/T rotary transfer machine from Hydromat Inc.
- Plasma Cutting Machine Severs 1.75-in. Steel. // Welding Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p26
The article features the Spectrum 1251 air plasma cutting and gouging system from Miller Electric Manufacturing Co. in the U.S. The system has a 100-A output and a rated cutting capacity of 1.25 inches. It replaces the Spectrum 1250 which offers a lightweight design and increased location...
- Wheel Cuts Thin Sheet Metal. // Welding Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p27
The article features the X-SLIM cutting wheel from Pferd Inc. in the U.S. The equipment is made with aluminum oxide grain and is designed to work in air or electric angle grinders and for cutting thin sheet metal.
- Nibbler Offers Omni-Directional Operation. // Welding Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p29
The article features the Kn 6875 1-gauge nibbler from Metabo Corp. in the U.S. The nibbler is used for cutting all types of sheet metal without deformation and it is easily operated with one hand. It also offers a maximum torque of 53 inches pound and a capacity of 14 gauge in mild steel and 16...