Class 8 trailer orders inch upward in October
- Lonza sells Polymer Intermediates to Bear Stearns Unit. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 19, p18
Reports the sale of the polymer intermediates business of Lonza to Bear Stearns Merchant Banking. Background on Bear Stearns; Cost of the deal; Details on the sales of the polymer intermediates operation of Lonza in 2001.
- Casual dining posts declining traffic, comps through February. Knapp, Malcolm M. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/5/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p28
The article reports on the decline of the same-store sales of casual-dining restaurants by an estimated 1.1 percent in February 2008 in the U.S. Comparable guest counts went from a decline of 3 percent to a decline of 1.9 percent. According to Bear Stearns' retail analysts, the estimated...
- Sound of Silence For Radio in April. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Broadcasting & Cable;5/5/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the projections for radio advertising in the United States, by Bear Stearns Co., for 2003. Decrease in radio advertisement sales in the U.S. in April 2003 as compared to that in April 2002; Probability of an increase in radio advertisement sales in June 2003; Comments of Kaylan...
- Access Outsources Sale. Stuart, Scott // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;04/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p4
No abstract available.
- Boron News Bores Street. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;05/10/99, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p4
Reports that Boron LePore & Associates Inc. has retained Bear Stearns to explore strategic alternatives, including a sale. Market capitalization of Boron LePore; First quarter loss in 1999.
- Fitz and Floyd Sold. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct99, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the senior management team of Fitz and Floyd Inc. purchased the company, in partnership with affiliates of Bear, Stearns & Co. and First Dominion Capital. Investment plan of the company; Previous primary shareholder of Fitz and Floyd.
- Doral Gets Go-Ahead to Talk with FBOP. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;6/6/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 108, p20
This article examines the situation facing the San Juan, Puerto Rico bank Doral Financial Corp. The company has been offered two deals from American banks interested in acquiring a majority share in the bank. FBOP Corp. is interested in acquiring an 80% share in the company while Bear Stearn...
- Russ Berrie Hires Bear To Shop Co., Perhaps. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the possible sale of stuffed toy manufacturer Russ Berrie & Co. Inc. of Oakland, New Jersey. Effort of the company to look for strategic alternatives with banker Bear Stearns; Stock price of the company as of February 23, 2004; Sales performance of the company.
- Credit crunch is likely to cut demand for road transport. Dixon, Oliver // Commercial Motor;3/27/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5273, p10
The article states that the collapse and subsequent sale of the U.S. investment bank Bear Steams for just 10% of its pre-crisis market value could mark a new low in the financial problems that are affecting not just the U.S., but, increasingly, Europe and Asia. It notes that funds under...