Alcoa delivers truck bodies to SIP-WELL
- Alcoa Establishes Presence in China with Alliance to Produce Aluminum Automotive Components. // Modern Casting;Nov2006, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the partnership between Pennsylvania-based Alcoa and China-based SMW Automotive Hong Kong to produce cast aluminum automotive components for the automotive industry in the Asia Pacific Region. The agreement provides framework for the two firms to identify, develop and...
- Leno, GM, and Alcoa team up. // Machine Design;12/14/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 23, p151
The article focuses on the move of engineers from Alcoa's Technical Center to collaborate with Big Dog Garage, owned by Jay Leno and General Motors (GM) Advanced Design to offer structural engineering expertise and forged-aluminum wheels for Leno's Eco Jet automobile. Misha Riveros-Jacobsen,...
- Finding the Best Mix in Aluminum Alloys. // Machine Design;02/25/99, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p94
Gives pieces of advice on how to choose the best grade of aluminum alloy to meet design requirements. Explanation on the effect of different alloying elements; Developments in aluminum alloys.
- Snoozing in style. Lockbridge, Deborah // Overdrive;Jul93, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p56
Presents luxury custom sleepers. Sleepers by Double Eagle, Star Class Inc., Indiana Custom Trucks, True Custom and Bentz Metal Products; Phantom 75 super sleeper by Innovisions. INSET: For more information (sleeper companies)..
- A GOLDEN AGE FOR ALUMINUM? Michels, Antony J. // Fortune;5/29/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p152
Reports that it may not be too late for investors to benefit from aluminum stocks. Prediction that the aluminum industry is headed for a golden age; How Western consumption of aluminum is expected to rise in 1995 and 1996; Reasons why aluminum prices have dropped; Stock picks, including Alcoa,...
- US Aluminum Castings Adds Capacity to Machine Shop. // Modern Casting;Dec2009, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that a new horizontal computer numerically controlled (CNC) mill has been acquired by U.S. Aluminum Castings in Entiat, Washington. The company says that the CNC mill will contribute a 30 percent increase in machine shop production because of its speed and rapid tooling...
- PAINT BOOTH. FRASER, CRAIG // Street Trucks;Nov2012, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to custom painting trucks including one on a way to know if there is bodywork underneath a paint job, and another on a sample kit to blend and mix with his own color for his truck.
- SUMMER SLAM. MULLIGAN, JASON // Street Trucks;Apr2013, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p106
The article offers information on the Sittin' Pretti Summer Slam show, an annual custom truck event held in Washington State.
- SCRAPIN' THE COAST. MULLIGAN, JASON // Street Trucks;Apr2013, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p110
The article talks about the Scrapin' the Coast custom truck event held in Biloxi, Mississippi.