Crane Composites acquires panel business
- Owens Corning wants to sell Vytec business. Derosa, Angie // Plastics News;2/9/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Building products firm Owens Corning Corp. is seeking a buyer for its Vytec Corp. vinyl siding operation. The Toledo, Ohio-based firm announced the move on February 04, 2004, with officials vowing that they're still committed to the vinyl siding business, despite industrywide speculation during...
- OC announces acquisition of Thermafiber Inc. // Toledo Business Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that Owens Corning have acquired insulation product manufacturer Thermafiber Inc.
- Owens Corning Sells Plants in Belgium and Norway. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Feb2008, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that Owens Corning Inc. will sell two of its composite manufacturing factories in Battice, Belgium and Birkeland, Norway to Platinum Equity LLC. The factories had been on the block since October 2007, the time when Owens announced its plan to sell them. It notes that the plan...
- Febwel brings $60 million from 2 buyers. Griswold, Matt // Plastics News;9/24/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that the company Owens Corning of Toledo, Ohio, has completed the sale of its Fabwel Inc. in two separate deals valued at $60 million total. The Fabwel composite-panel business was sold to Crane Composites Inc. for $38 million. The other portion of the Fabwel business was...
- OWENS CORNING TO SELL PLANTS, LOOKS TO BUY SAINT-GOBAIN VETROTEX. // Composites Technology;Aug2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that Owens Corning will sell fiber plants in Belgium and Norway. The sale will address regulatory issues about the company's previously announced joint venture with Saint-Gobain Vetrotex. If the proposed joint venture is converted into an outright acquisition of the Vetrotex...
- OC sells most of pipe unit. DeRosa, Angie // Plastics News;4/30/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the sale of Owens Corning's subsidiary firm Engineering Pipe Systems Inc. to Saudi Arabian Amiantit Co., a leading manufacturer of glass-reinforced pipe.
- OWENS CORNING, SAINT-GOBAIN PLANTS SOLD/CLOSED IN WAKE OF MERGER. // Composites Technology;Apr2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the decision of Owens Corning Composites Solutions LLC to close and sell the two plants of Saint-Gobain's Reinforcement and Composites Fabrics business to address regulatory concerns after it had acquired it in October 31, 2007. The plants are located in Battice, Belgium...
- BRIEFS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Dec2007, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p17
News briefs on the materials and processes field are presented. AGY has agreed to acquire manufacturing assets of Owens Corning CFM. Aleris International has purchased Wabash Alloys, an aluminum alloy producer. Allegheny Technologies Inc. announced 2007 earnings of $7.25 a share, a 25 percent...
- ...briefly. // Builders Merchants Journal;Oct95, p67
Focuses on Owens Corning's advertising campaign to launch its Supawrap Pink glass wool.