Guidelines on the irritable bowel syndrome: mechanisms and practical management
- EMPLEO DE METÃFORAS EN LAS SUGESTIONES HIPNÃ“TICAS PARA MANEJAR EL DOLOR ARTICULAR: ESTUDIO DE CASO. PÉREZ, JOSÉ A.; FERNÁNDEZ, JUAN C.; FERNÁNDEZ, BERTA; DURÁN, MONSERRAT // Revista de Psicopatologia y Psicologia Clinica;abr2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p57
Hypnosis is a valuable clinical intervention in the treatment of a wide variety of psychological and medical problems, helping to improve the quality of life for many patients. The purpose of this study was to document the therapeutical value and efficacy of metaphorical language in hypnotic...
- Non-pharmacological treatments for depression in primary care: an overview. Simon, Chantal; Cole-King, Alys // InnovAiT;May2011, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p265
Between 2 and 3% of the UK population experience depression in any year; a further 9% experience mixed anxiety and depression. The net costs of antidepressant medication in England alone in 2009 were just under ï¿½300 million. This article discusses the range of non-pharmacological treatments...
- Peace in the Storm. Moyer, Christopher A. // Massage Magazine;Nov2012, Issue 198, p56
The article discusses the benefits of massage in relieving depression and anxiety. It presents various theories involving the mechanisms by which massage therapy achieves these benefits, and suggests several practice recommendations. The article recommends that massage therapists should...
- media. VINIYOGA THERAPY FOR ANXIETY and VINIYOGA THERAPY FOR DEPRESSION. McGONIGAL, KELLY // Yoga Journal;Feb2012, Issue 244, p109
The article reviews two DVDs including "Viniyoga Therapy for Anxiety" and "Viniyoga Therapy for Depression," created by yoga therapist Gary Kraftsow to address anxiety or depression.
- Social anxiety indication for Paroxetine. Mauldin, Robert K. // Modern Medicine;Jul99, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p55
Provides information on Paroxetine (Paxil) drug for the treatment of patients with social anxiety disorder. Mechanism of action of the drug; Indications; Adverse effect of the drug.
- Erratum to: Pilot early intervention antenatal group program for pregnant women with anxiety and depression. Thomas, Naomi; Komiti, Angela; Judd, Fiona // Archives of Women's Mental Health;Dec2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p601
A correction to the article "Pilot early intervention antenatal group program for pregnant women with anxiety and depression" that was published in the September 4, 2014 issue is presented.
- THE ROLE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTIONS FOR TREATING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. VANCU, Gabriela Sorina // Journal Plus Education / Educatia Plus;2015, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p234
Goal:The present study investigates the efficiency of a psychological intervention for firefighters who show symptoms of depression and anxiety. What motivates this study is the fact that the psychologist within the inspectorates for emergency situations must not only evaluate and monitor...
- The Pharma Market as Reflected by Patents. Habernickel, Valentin J. // Drug Research / Arzneimittel-Forschung;Feb2002, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p133
Presents information on pharmacological patents. Details on agents for the treatment of anxiety and depression; Information on agents for the treatment of cognitive diseases; Description of compounds having antibacterial activity.
- Guided self-help as effective as face-to-face treatments. // Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p3
The article cites research by Pim Cuijpers and colleagues at the VU University in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, that revealed guided self-help for depression and anxiety can be as effective as face-to-face treatments.