- Indicators? at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;9/18/2007, p10
The article presents news briefs related to personnel management. The number of unemployed people fell by 45,000 over the quarter to July and by 29,000 over the year, to reach 1.65 million. The level of optimism about the general business situation in manufacturing fell by 18% to reach -2% in...
- Jobs rate belies the real deal. Harrell, Jeremy // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/7/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 28, p1A
The article discusses employment trends in Long Island, New York. The Long Island economy has added 6,600 jobs in the past 12 months, reducing the unemployment rate to 3.8% from 4% the previous year. But what is troubling for economists is not just that the quantity of new jobs is declining but...
- EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND WAGES. // Economic Indicators;Mar2003, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p11
Presents information and graphical representations on employment, unemployment and wages in the United States as of March 2003. Selected measures of unemployment and unemployment insurance programs; Total nonagricultural employment as measured by the payroll survey.
- Untitled. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Dec2002, pN.PAG
Presents a statement issued by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Commissioner Kathleen P. Utgoff on December 9, 2002, which reports on the U.S. job market in November 2002. Increase in unemployment rate; Decline in employment in factories; Level of the average hourly earnings of production or...
- Employment here grows. // Journal of Business (10756124);6/19/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 13, pA2
Cites the growth of nonagricultural wage and salary employment in Spokane, Washington in May 2003. Comparison with May 2002 figures; Area's unemployment rate.
- Human Resources. // ILR Review;Apr84, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p479
The article presents several ongoing studies on human resources as of April 1984. An analysis of the unemployment and wage effects of a dual and balanced budget is conducted by Morris Kleiner. Daniel G. Spencer is investigating the relationship between employee voice and employee exit in...
- GRUEVSKI: EMPLOYING MACEDONIA TAX BREAKS PROGRAM LED TO 10.100 NEW JOBS. // Macedonian Business Monthly;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 159, p8
The article reveals that the Employing Macedonia project has hired about 10,000 people in 6,750 companies.
- The reform of the unemployment benefit system (LACI). // OECD Economic Surveys: Switzerland;Jan2004 Supplement 2, Vol. 2003, p197
Looks at the measures approved in the 2003 reform of the unemployment benefit system in Switzerland. Percentage of decline in solidarity contribution of wages; Minimum contribution period required to be entitled to receive the unemployment benefit; Reduction in benefit duration.
- UK unemployment falls to 7.7%. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing (Online Edition);10/16/2013, p13
The article reports that unemployment in Great Britain fell to 7.7 percent. There were 2.49 million unemployed people aged 16 and over, down 18,000 from March to May 2013 and down 40,000 from a year earlier. Despite more jobs being created total pay rose just 0.7 percent compared with June to...