PEOPLE & POSTS
- THE ALCHEMY OF CAREER CHANGES. Sager, Leon B.; Kipling, Richard E. // Business Horizons;Aug80, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the impact of career changes on the personal and professional lives of people. Deterioration of employment satisfaction; Attitudes of corporations toward employees; Growth of resistance of employees to managerial authoritarianism.
- How do I start in L&D aged 50? Mills, Corinne; Waddicor, Julie; Deeprose, Pau; // People Management;Mar2012, p70
The article presents a question about making a career change from the pharmaceutical industry into personnel management's learning and development sector and answers from executives Corinne Mills, Julie Waddicor, and Paul Deeprose.
- HR pros: Seeking greener pastures? // HR Specialist;Nov2015, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the survey conducted by the professional organization Society for Human Resource Management which investigates the insights of human resource professionals regarding the issue of job change and mentions an overview of the survey.
- When your boss won't let you go. Krauss, Kat // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p21
Answers a question about how an employee can ease the transition from an old job to a new one. Reluctance of the employee's superior to let him go; Need for the employee to explain to the superior how important the job move is to him.
- KEEPING POSTED. // Saturday Evening Post;5/10/1947, Vol. 219 Issue 45, p10
Career developments involving writers in the U.S. are discussed. William Hazlett Upson has written short stories about Botts, which have entertained so many readers. Irving Wallace writes about that evergreen traveler Burton Holmes in the Great Globe Trotter. Charles Ellsworth writes short...
- Brand: You. Arruda, William // T+D;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p58
Businesses are in a constant state of reorganization in response to the rapidly changing demands of the market. That changes the way a worker or supplier must behave. They need to differentiate themselves and build demand for their services in their target markets. The way they can achieve that...
- People in the News. // Contract Management;Apr2006, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p74
The article reports on career developments of executives in the field of contract management in the U.S. Elliott B. Branch is appointed executive director for the Senior Executive Service for contracts to Naval Sea Systems Command. Wendy Estela and Gary Dilk, from the Central CT chapter, have...
- People. // Traffic World;10/17/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 42, p34
Reports on career developments of several businessmen in the U.S. Appointment of Jeffrey T. Lytle as senior vice president of CIT Rail Resources based in Chicago, Illinois; Designation of Diane Brunner as an administrative assistant of Total Quality Logistics; List of the new members of the...
- No luxuries when you inherit a department, but you can avoid any public missteps. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p48
Explains the possible success of an incoming manager in the so-called desk o'death situation. Suggestion about social engineering; Possible cause of the loss of ability to lead; What needs to be changed.