ON HR'S SECRET SERVICE
- CHINA CHECKLIST. Purdum, Traci // Industry Week/IW;Feb2005, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the differences in the human resources practices in China and the U.S. Distinction of a Chinese company from a U.S. company in terms of the role it plays in the lives of its workers; Information on the Chinese way of business and culture; Ways to show appreciation to Chinese employees.
- What can I earn…. // Personnel Today;5/8/2007, p31
The article provides information on practicing human relation (HR) professions in the South East of England. Recruitment falls within the remit of an HR officer or similar in smaller organizations. The day-to-day duties of a recruitment officer will generally consist of assisting with all...
- Moving from Despair to Directed. Benjamins, Sherry // People & Strategy;2008, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p10
The author discuses the future of employee selection and training as a counterpoint to a separate article about the future of work in the 21st century. Human resources departments should work with company managers to gain a strong understanding of how to identify and develop talented workers. By...
- Salary monitor. // Personnel Today;10/18/2005, p47
The article presents an overview of factors on which quoted are based in Great Britain. Typically, three to five years' HR experience, but critically would require some exposure to diversity and equality in the agenda of previous employers. The nature of responsibilities will vary between...
- Passion in HR brings people and business needs together. // Personnel Today;7/24/2007, p13
The article comments on how to approach a career in human resource (HR) management. It states that, no one should go into a career in HR without feeling a passion for the work with, and for, people. It further quotes that the world of work is changing and society's attitudes must change with it....
- Competing with the big boys for talent. Hemsley, Steve // Resourcing;Oct2008, Issue 9, p21
The article focuses on the competition between smaller and larger companies in Great Britain relative to recruitment. It explains the advantages and disadvantages of applying in small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) as well as notes the significance of employer branding. Employment practices...
- Use 20/10/70 rule to woo staffers. // Executive Leadership;Mar2016, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the implementation of the 20/10/70 rule in managing staff, adapted from "Mad Genius" by Randy Gage.
- El detective privado: un aliado Ãºtil para los departamentos de RR.HH. María Alonso López, José // Capital Humano;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 259, p102
No abstract available.
- So you're thinking of hiring a gumshoe. McTaggart, Timothy R.; Block, Barbara; Nielsen, Lillian // ABA Banking Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p7
The article considers the practice of recruiting private investigators and other commercial investigation services to probe the lives of bank employees. It is clear that a bank or other company should never use private investigators as part of an effort to discipline its management or directors....