QUALIFICATIONS TO THE RULES ON REPRESENTATION
- Ten Things Your Lawyer May Not Tell You. Steingold, Fred S. // Cleaner;Sep2012, p28
The article lists ten things that a lawyer retained by the company may not tell the owners. It informs that there are many law-related tasks such as getting a tax assessment reduced or suing in small claims court that can be done by hiring non-lawyers who can work more effectively. The article...
- Summaiy of Private Discipline. COLE, MARTIN // Bench & Bar of Minnesota;Mar2014, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p14
The article presents a summary of private discipline in Minnesota in 2013. Topics include a court case in which an attorney represented a client in a workers' compensation issue, attorneys continual use of free agreements which contain language stating that an advance fee was nonrefundable, and...
- The Risi's Wife (Short story). Corrington, John William // Legal Studies Forum;2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p115
Presents the short story 'The Risi's Wife,' which deals with attorneys.
- Lawyers, Gums, and Rummies. Olson, Walter // Reason;Jul99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p54
Discusses the unpopularity of lawyers. View from the American Bar Association; Theories on why lawyers' popularity is so low; Reason lawyers are given more chances to keep weak cases alive.
- Reveal the Real Witness. McElhaney, James W. // ABA Journal;May2001, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on a legal strategy suggesting the use of evidence to counteract the good image projected by other parties in character battle in court. Overview of a case of character battle in court.
- So they say. // ABA Journal;Feb98, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p14
Presents comments from lawyers. Comments of Judge James Hapner as he sentenced a man with a drunken driving convictions; Comments from Cathy Larsson of the North Carolina Bar Association on how fostering a pro-lawyer atmosphere beats working in the public relations department of a tobacco...
- Taking it to the top. // ABA Journal;Feb98, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p14
Presents lawyers who are modern-day court record setters. Lawrence Wallace; Walter Jones; John W. Davis.
- On a roll(back). Carter, Terry // ABA Journal;Feb98, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the Center for Individual Rights (CIR) which is a nonprofit litigation boutique who after its big win in the `Hopwood v. Texas' case is on a mission of dismantling affirmative action at law schools and universities. Factors that can be attributed to the success of CIR; Founders of...
- Ten dos and don'ts for litigation consulting services. Bailey, C. Lucinda // Outlook;Spring93, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p10
Lists the ten dos and don'ts for practicing certified public accountants interested in litigation consulting services. Dos include evaluating qualifications to perform each litigation assignments; Awareness of standards to apply; Asking about the timing of the case; Don'ts include trying to...