Leaders get fired up
- Professional Image. Poulin, Thomas E. // Fire Chief;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on the implication of fire service members' rescue work for the public in the U.S. It cites factors of the hierarchy of professional occupations which determined by the U.S. Department of Labor and the American Management Association to have proper education, training, skill...
- It's Good to be the Boss. GILLESPIE, AL // Fire Chief;Oct2011, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p12
The article presents the reasons for taking fire department leader positions. It mentions that good leaders acknowledge that tough times provide the greatest opportunity for leaders to use all their abilities, and skills and to shine. It states that department leaders have the opportunity to...
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/26/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 34, p8
A photograph of the fireman from Greater Springfield Volunteer Fire Department (GSVFD) in a house fire rescue operation on August 20, 2010 is presented.
- Firefighters as American heroes. SP1TZENBERGER, RAY // East Bernard Express (TX);7/25/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 30, p4
The article presents the author's views on firefighters of the U.S. who keeps their life in danger for rescuing people from fires in return of which they receives little or no financial compensation.
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p142
The article offers information on several conferences, exhibitions, courses and seminars related to fire engineering for July-September 2008 in the U.S., including the Montana State Firemen's Convention on July-11 in Great Falls, Montana, the Rope Rescue Awareness and Operations on August 4-6 in...
- New Process for Administering Written Examinations. Howes, Lori // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p17
The article offers information on the process for administering written examinations for firefighters in Utah. Steps in administering written examinations include handing the candidate a pre-assembled packet, sealing the packet with to be opened by candidate only seal, and opening the packet...
- Timber frame block destroyed. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that a fire destroyed a timber-frame block of flats which was under construction during a fire in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England. It states that fire crews had rescued two people who were trapped in a neighbouring house and were brought to the hospital due to the...
- WHEN VEHICLES ARE DRIVEN THROUGH BUSINESS STOREFRONTS. Gustin, Sill // Fire Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p67
The article discusses the incidents of vehicles aimed through business storefronts in the U.S. The firefighters responding is faced with problems of a fire, a heavy rescue operation and a multiple-casualty incident when the number of victims outmatch the capabilities of first responders. The...
- HANDS-ON TRAINING EVOLUTIONS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2016, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p24
The article outlines several courses related to firefighters to be held in April 2017 including the "Advanced Vehicle Extrication," by lead instructor Leigh Hollins, "Flashover and Modern Fire Behavior Training," lead instructor Joseph Berchtold, and "Tower Rescue Operations," by Nathan Paulsberg.