NEWS IN BRIEF
- Outsourcing deal could hit HR. Brockett, James // People Management;11/23/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p10
The article reports on the plan to expand the scope of the Payroll Framework Agreement signed in 2002 between the British Treasury Department and outsourcing provider LogicaCMG PLC. Under the agreement, 70 agencies are outsourcing their payroll, up from 13 four years ago. Since the beginning of...
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;4/29/2008, p4
The article presents information on some unfavorable developments related to personnel management. Outsourcing firm Logica CMG has announced its plans to shed 1,300 jobs, including 500 in Great Britain to cut administrative costs. The Communication Workers Union (CWU) plans to ballot staff on...
- Who's installing what? Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;2/3/2004, p20
Companion Care, which established and operates joint venture veterinary practices around Great Britain, is going live with Workforce HR Manager software from software-based company Intellect Corp.. The year-long implementation sees the system rolled out to 31 practices nationwide. Surgeries have...
- LogicaCMG on Met payroll beat. Sawas, Antony // Computer Weekly;4/19/2005, p8
The article reports that the Metropolitan Police Authority has selected LogicaCMG PLC to provide a Â£31m fully-managed payroll and pension administration service. Serving the Met's 46,000 police officers and staff, the seven-year contract will also require LogicaCMC to provide a pensions...
- Tight Labor Market Opens Opportunities for Strategic HR. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the role of human resources (HR) management during labor shortage. Objective of strategic HR for organizations with labor shortage problems; HR processes which can answer the challenges of labor shortage.
- URGENT: One Billion Jobs Needed. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on a 'Management Review' article which discussed possible ways in which business leaders can help to meet the demand for jobs and train the people who must fill them. Estimated number of people that will be eligible to enter the workforce by the year 2000; Role of industry and its...
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, July 2001. // Employment & Earnings;Aug2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on developments of employment and unemployment in the United States as of July 2001. Decrease of nonfarm payroll employment; Changes in transportation and public utilities employment; Status of workers on private nonfarm payrolls for production or nonsupervisory.
- HR focuses on retaining its existing workforce. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p61
Focuses on the retention of the workingforce of the human resources in Great Britain. Support of the business objectives; Concentration of the recruitment of skilled employees; Promotion of the working life balance.
- A relaxed workforce. Gruner, Stephanie // Inc.;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p129
Presents strategies for the maintenance of a `relaxed' workforce, with focus on personnel management. Factors which contribute to a stressed out workforce; Importance of incentives to a workforce; Comments from Carla Brown of the Maharishi Ayur-Veda Medical Center, a facility in Lancaster,...