Urine Drug Screening: Practical Guide for Clinicians
- ACP treatment guideline for antidepressants. Elliott, William T. // Travel Medicine Advisor;Jan2008 Supplement, p2
The article discusses a guideline issued by the American College of Physicians on the use of "second-generation antidepressants." The group recommends that antidepressants should be chosen on the basis of negative effect, cost and patient option. Further recommendations by the group include that...
- Review: short-term benefit of escitalopram versus citalopram for depression uncertain, but big difference in French health insurance costs. Cipriani, Andrea; Barbui, Corrado // Evidence Based Mental Health;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p51
The article discusses the uncertainty associated with the efficacy of citalopram compared with escitalopram in people with depression. It includes a study wherein randomized controlled trials (RCTS) were carried out on patients with major depression. It concludes that the short-term efficacy and...
- Screening for inherited metabolic disease in newborn infants using tandem mass spectrometry. Leonard, James V; Dezateux, Carol // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/5/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7328, p4
Editorial. Discusses the use of tandem mass spectrometry to screen newborns for medium chain acyl CoA dehydrogenase deficiency, an inherited metabolic disease. How the disease usually presents during infancy and early childhood causing death or irreversible neurological damage; Lack of uniform...
- THE EUROPEAN COURT OF JUSTICE AND WORKING TIME IN THE HEALTH CARE SECTOR: RELEVANCE TO THE CZECH REPUBLIC. Den Exter, André // Medicine & Law;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p337
In a recent court ruling, the European Court of Justice concluded that a Member State violated the European Directive on working time. The issue concerned the meaning of working time as defined by the Directive. It appeared that the time an employee is present and available at the workplace,...
- Factors associated with antidepressant medication adherence and adherenceenhancement programmes: a systematic literature review. Servellen, Gwen van; Heise, Barbara A.; Ellis, Robin // Mental Health in Family Medicine;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p255
Medication adherence is critical to the efficacy of available treatment for depression in primary care settings. This review identifies factors associated with adherence and what is known about the effectiveness of adherence-enhancement programmes. A comprehensive systematic review of English...
- Role of SSRIs in pediatric depression management. Cao, Christina Ngoc; Annis, Laura G. // Drug Topics;11/8/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 21, p60
This article examines the role of a group of antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) in pediatric depression management. It aims to help pharmacists understand the prevalence of pediatric depression, the treatment options, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration...
- Treatment of Depression in Patients with Dementia. // Critical Care Alert;Oct2011 Clinical Briefs Supplement, p19
No abstract available.
- Treatment of Depression in Patients with Dementia. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Oct2011 Clinical Briefs, p19
The article reports a study by S. Banerjee and colleagues, which concluded that sertraline and mirtazapine did not provide improvements in the Cornell Scale for Depression in Dementia (CSDD) scores compared to placebo, thus suggesting a reconsideration of preferred treatment options for dementia.
- Treatment of Depression in Patients with Dementia. Kuritzky, Louis // Clinical Oncology Alert;Oct2011 Supplement, p19
No abstract available.