INCORRIGIBLY CHRISTIAN AMERICA II
- Nearly 80 percent of Americans are Christian. // Christian Century;1/25/2012, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p14
The article presents statistics as of 2012 regarding the Christian demographics of the United States.
- Revenge or justice? // Christian Century;12/19/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 35, p35
Presents comments concerning topics related to Christianity and religion in the United States.
- RELIGIOUS MEMBERSHIP IN THE UNITED STATES. // World Almanac for Kids;2004, p191
The article looks at religious membership in the United States as of January 2004. The two largest religious groups in the U.S. are Protestants followed by Roman Catholics. The pie chart in this article shows how many people belong to these and other main religious groups. These numbers are...
- Why Jews Should Pray for a Christian America. Lapin, Rabbi Daniel // American Enterprise;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p70
Defends Christianity in the United States (U.S.). Christian foundation of America; Stress brought by modern life and religions; Discussions on the religious liberties of Jews in the U.S.
- The Spirit of America. Martin, Malachi B. // National Review;5/27/1977, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p615
The article discusses the uncertainties that have weakened the spirit of the Americans in the 20th century. The major ambiguities have come to decline the historical relationship between Christianity and the spirit of the United States. Success has only come to the civilization of the Americans...
- Radicals and Religion before the Great War. Fishbein, Leslie // Journal of Religious Thought;Fall80/Winter81, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on the ideologies of radicals in the U.S. regarding religion before World War I. Concentration on the reactionary nature of American Christianity; Rejection of the institutional embodiment of Christianity; Hostility towards church rituals and doctrine; Religious sensibility; Belief in...
- FAITH IN AMERICA. Sheler, Jeffery L. // U.S. News & World Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 15, p40
Focuses on religion in the United States. Results of a poll of Americans on the importance of religion in their lives; Religious diversity and tolerance in the U.S.; Desire of Christians to proselytize.
- The Editor's Desk. Meacham, Jon // Newsweek;4/13/2009, Vol. 153 Issue 15, p2
The article presents an editorial on the status of conservative religion. The author considers the waning state of Christianity in the U.S. Religion in the U.S. is compared to that of Europe. Cultural shifts between 2004 and 2009 are reviewed, including the 2008 U.S. presidential campaign of...
- The Religious Situation in American Society - Contemporary Trends, Global Implications. Dinges, William D. // Intercultural Theology & Study of Religions;2015, Vol. 5, p183
The article offers the author's insights on the actual vitality of the religious situation in the American society in relation to global impacts and contemporary trends. Topics mentioned include the factors that drive the pervasive and robust religion in the U.S. which are the media visibility...