Throwing and Catching as Relational Skills in Game Play: Situated Learning in a Modified Game Unit
- INTEGRATION OF THROWING ABILITY INTO THE MORPHOLOGICALMOTOR SYSTEM OF SEVEN-YEAR-OLD ATHLETIC SCHOOL ATTENDANTS. Maleš, Boris; Žuvela, Frane; Kuna, Danijela // Kinesiologia Slovenica;2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p17
A sample of 125 seven-year-olds was tested, using six morphological and eight motor-ability variables with purpose of analyzing the integration of explosive throwing strength. Sample was split in two groups: experimental (E; N=68) and control group (C; N=57). Boys of E group attended three hours...
- Dodge Ball Takes a Drubbing in Several School Districts. Gehring, John // Education Week;02/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the debate over the appropriateness of including dodge ball in physical education classes in the United States. Citation of liability concerns; Contention of encouraging aggression; Response of Robert Petersen, a television producer; Formation of a national dodge-ball tournament by...
- Classes going well at S.C.-Lancaster. Catalano, John // Handball;Jun2005, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p64
Looks at the status of the handball class in Lancaster, South Carolina in 2005. Number of students in spring 2005; Options for playing handball; Role played by the Development Fund in the class.
- Deep Tricks. // Men's Health;Sep2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p46
Provides tips on getting open on a pass route during football games.
- Dribbling performance in first-grade children: Effect of ball and hand size and ball-size... Burton, Allen W.; Welch, Brenda A. // Physical Educator;Late Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p48
Examines the effect of hand size and the interaction of ball size and hand size on dribbling performance of first-grade children in physical education. Effect of ball size on the qualitative and quantitative aspects of dribbling; Choice of ball size; Factors influencing the ball size selection;...
- GETTING OUT OF DODGE. Newman, Judith // Working Mother;Aug/Sep2002, p69
Focuses on the controversy over the children's game, dodgeball in the U.S. Game mechanics; Efforts of physical education experts to eliminate dodgeball from school yards and gym classes; Physical injuries associated with game.
- K.I.O.R.A.H.I.: An educultural pathway. // New Zealand Physical Educator;Apr2014, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p13
The article offers information about Ki-o-Rahi, a ball sport played in New Zealand. It highlights the revival of Ki-o-Rahi in the 1970s together with other sports such as kapa haka and mau rakau with an aim to retain Taonga Takaro's mauri. It also highlights the retention of tatu, tewhatewha,...
- A Preseason Resistance Training Program for Men's Lacrosse. Burger, Troy A.; Burger, Molly E. // Strength & Conditioning Journal (Allen Press);Jun2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p20
Despite the recent popularity and growth of lacrosse, there has been a lack of specific training programs for the sport. This article provides one example of a preseason resistance training program for male lacrosse athletes. The program utilizes a variety of training strategies, including...
- EISD Homecoming - What you need to know. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);9/21/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p1
This article announces that the EISD Homecoming game in Texas will held on September 22, 2006. Schools will have early release on the same day afternoon and also on the same day will be the district volleyball opening game. Students from the gifted and talented programs will conduct their...